Chocolate Mint Skillet Brownie
This ooey-gooey skillet brownie is loaded with Nestlé® Toll House® DelightFulls™ filled baking morsels. If you like dark chocolate and mint you will love this easy and comforting dessert! One-bowl recipe, no mixer required.
This is a sponsored conversation written by me on behalf of NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE®. The opinions and text are all mine.
Hello baking friends! How was your Thanksgiving? I hope you had lots of yummy homemade pies. And I hope you aren’t too completely stuffed either, because I have the most delicious and comforting dessert to share with you today!
Now that Thanksgiving is over, we have full permission to completely throw ourselves into the Winter holiday spirit. And for me, that means chocolate mint. I love that flavor combo all year ’round, but for some reason at Christmastime I crave it more than ever.
Nestlé Toll House just came out with these killer DelightFulls Filled Baking Morsels, and they were the inspiration behind this insanely good skillet brownie. They’re just like the regular Toll House Morsels we all know and love, only they’re filled with a little extra somethin’ somethin’. You can get them with caramel, peanut butter, cherry, or mint-flavored filling, so of course I chose the mint because I am a fiend.
I just scaled down my favorite brownie recipe so it’s the perfect size for two to share. These brownies are the chocolaty-est, fudgiest ever, and the recipe is about as easy at it gets. It all comes together with just a few pantry staples and you don’t even need a mixer. This could be dangerous!
Fold in the DelightFulls for just a hint of mint, or you can bump up the minty goodness even more with a few drops of peppermint extract. I didn’t happen to have any extract on hand, but I thought the mint flavor came through really nicely with just the morsels.
Definitely add a scoop of vanilla ice cream though. Skillet desserts were just made for that contrast of warm and cold, and those dribbles of melty ice cream running all through every bite of fudgy brownie are the stuff of dreams!
If you love to bake you should definitely check out the Nestle website. There are tons of great recipes to drool over, especially within the DelightFulls category. Gorgeous pics and some really fun ideas!
The same NESTLÉ® TOLL HOUSE® chocolate you know and love now filled with rich caramel, peanut butter, mint, and cherry flavored filling. Add these new filled baking morsels to your favorite recipes for a special twist on the classic, or try experimenting with them in a recipe you’ve never tried before! What holiday treats would you create with Nestle Toll House DelightFulls™?
Comments submitted may be displayed on other websites owned by the sponsoring brand.
As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chocolate Mint Skillet Brownie
- 2/3 cup (133.33 g) granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup (28.67 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 6 tablespoons (88.72 g) unsalted butter,, melted
- 1 egg,, large
- 1/4 cup (31.25 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 teaspoon peppermint extract, (optional)
- 1/2 cup (22.5 g) mint chocolate chips,, plus extra for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F and lightly mist a 6-inch cast iron skillet with non-stick spray.
- Place the sugar, cocoa, and salt in a small mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Stir in the melted butter, followed by the egg.
- Once the egg has been fully incorporated, stir in the flour and extract(s).
- Fold in the morsels and transfer the batter to the prepared skillet.
- Bake for 30-35 minutes, or until the edges are set but the center is still a bit soft.
- Cool for 20 minutes, top with ice cream and sauce, and enjoy!