Funfetti Cookie Balls
Nutty, buttery, and so much fun! These funfetti cookie balls are such a delicious way to enjoy the holiday season. Perfect with a cup of hot cocoa!
This is a sponsored post, written by me, and created in partnership with Diamond of California. All opinions expressed herein are straight from my heart.
It’s a brand new week! Are you ready for it?
Did you get lots of rest and good food over the holiday? I know I did. I’m raring to go today.
It’s time for holiday baking! I just can’t wait to dive in, and I think these funfetti cookie balls are the perfect way to kick off the season.
The basic snowball cookie is simple perfection. Buttery, slightly sweet, and full of rich, crunchy nuts. I’ve used a combination of macadamias, pistachios, and almonds for this recipe, but you can use any nut that you like. I think the almonds are particularly well-suited, and they really allow the sweet vanilla funfetti flavor to really shine.
When it comes to nuts, Diamond really has your back, especially around the holiday season. They’ve been around for more than 100 years, and there’s no better time than the holidays to connect Diamond’s rich heritage to your own family traditions. With Diamond, you have your choice of walnuts, pecans, almonds, and beyond. Always fresh, always high quality, always a recipe favorite.
I have seen this kind of cookie ball go by so many different names: snowballs, Russian tea cakes, Mexican wedding cookies, you name it. They are beloved all over the world, and especially around Christmastime. But I’ve yet to see a funfetti version!
For these, I stirred together a few different kinds of sprinkles to create my own unique blend. Starting with the traditional red, green, and white, add some ice blue sugar pearls and some hot pink jimmies for a fun, unique, and seasonal holiday twist.
These cookies are so great with a cup of hot cocoa! What a great way to start the season, and how nice to have a few on hand, to nibble on as you bake up all your other delicious Christmas creations!
Lots more great ideas on my “Cookie Recipes Galore” Pinterest board!
This post contains affiliate sales links.
Funfetti Cookie Balls
- 1 cup (227 g) unsalted butter, (2 sticks), softened
- 1/3 cup (66.67 g) granulated sugar
- 2 1/2 teaspoons (2.5 teaspoons) vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1.5 teaspoons) almond extract
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) kosher salt
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 2 cups (288 g) nuts,, ground finely in a food processor (I used 1/2 cup [url]macadamias∞http://www.diamondnuts.com/product/macadamia-nuts/[/url], 1/2 cup [url]pistachios∞http://www.diamondnuts.com/product/pistachios/[/url], and 1 cup [url]almonds∞http://www.diamondnuts.com/product/almonds/[/url])
- 1/3 cup (53.33 g) sprinkles
- 1 1/2 cup (180 g) powdered sugar,, for dusting
- In a large mixing bowl, cream the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until very pale and fluffy (about 3 to 5 minutes). Stir in the vanilla, almond extract, and salt. Add the flour, ground nuts, and sprinkles, and stir together on medium-low speed until combined.
- Use a 1.5 tablespoon cookie scoop to create balls. Roll the balls in powdered sugar, and set them on the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 12 to 14 minutes, or until just barely beginning to turn golden around the sides. Cool, then re-roll in powdered sugar to coat. Transfer to an airtight container to store.