This cool and creamy Cheesecake is accented with a Swirl of verdant Matcha. You’ll love the earthy Green Tea flavor with the sweetly Spiced Graham Cracker Crust!
It’s once again time for Mystery Dish, and I couldn’t be happier to share this month’s recipe with you!
I tried a new-to-me ingredient and I loved it! I’m so happy our host Zainab (of Blahnik Baker) put this list together for us; it was just the push I needed to help me expand my horizons:
- Sesame seeds
- Green chiles
- Green tea or matcha powder
- Feta cheese
- Pinto beans
- White wine
- Prickly pear cactus
I was so pleased to cut a slice of this and find that it had that unmistakable light, cool, and creamy texture that we all so crave in a cheesecake, and the matcha swirl was such a pretty color and earthy flavor. If you like drinking green tea then you will love this cheesecake!
I found my matcha powder at the Asian grocery, but I think it’s probably pretty easy to obtain online as well.
You’ll want to scoop about 3/4 cup of your cheesecake batter into a small bowl, and stir in the matcha. The color is gorgeous! Then, just drop spoonfuls of the matcha batter all over the top of your cheesecake and swirl the colors together with a toothpick. Easy!
But the best part of this dessert is definitely the crust. I use cardamom from time to time, but I’ve never loved it as much as I did in this graham cracker crust. Oh man… the combination of brown sugar, graham, cinnamon, ginger, and cardamom is just so heavenly….!
Matcha Swirl Cheesecake
This cool and creamy Cheesecake is accented with a Swirl of verdant Matcha. You'll love the earthy Green Tea flavor with the sweetly Spiced Graham Cracker Crust!
- 9 whole graham crackers, or 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 7 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- (2) 8 ounce blocks of cream cheese
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 3 large eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons matcha green tea powder
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F and lightly mist an 8-inch cake pan with non-stick spray. Line the bottom of the pan with a circle of parchment.
- Place the graham crackers, brown sugar, spices, and salt in the bowl of a food processor, and pulse until the graham crackers are finely processed.
- Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, add the melted butter, and stir to combine.
- Press the mixture into the bottom of the prepared pan.
- In a large mixing bowl, beat the cream cheese, sugar, and flour until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl with a silicone spatula after each addition.
- Stir in the cream, then pour all but around ¾ cup of the batter over the graham cracker crust and into the prepared pan. Stir the matcha powder into the remaining batter and drop tablespoonfuls of it all over the surface. Swirl with a toothpick.
- Place the cheesecake pan in a larger pan, and fill with about an inch of hot water. Bake the cheesecake for 10 minutes, lower the heat to 200 degrees F, and bake for another hour, or until the edges are set and the center is just a little bit jiggly.
- Prop the oven door open with a wooden spoon, and allow the cheesecake to come to room temperature. Chill in the refrigerator overnight before flipping the cheesecake out of the pan and onto a serving dish.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 3206kcal Calories from fat 1866|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 207g||318%|
|Saturated Fat 113g||565%|
|Dietary Fiber 6g||24%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
And now for the fun part! Have a look at what all my Mystery Dish pals cooked up!
1. Green Chile Chicken Soup – Chez CateyLou
2. Crockpot Chicken Chilli Stew – Yummy Healthy Easy
3. Spiced Apple Crisp – I Want Crazy
4. Kale Salad with Sesame-Lime Dressing – The Pajama Chef
5. Spiced Mini Skillet Apple Crisp – Culinary Couture
6. Pan Seared Pork Chops with Spicy Apple Chutney – Flavor the Moments
7. Matcha Swirl Cheesecake – Baking a Moment
8. Green Chile Cheese Pinwheels – I Dig Pinterest.
9. Baked Apple Donuts with Cardamom Cream Cheese Glaze – Joyful Healthy Easy
10. Vegan Gluten-Free Ginger Walnut Apple Pie Bars – The Sweet-Tooth Life
11. Apple Feta Salad with Toasted Sesame Seeds – The Well Floured Kitchen
12. Apple Cardamon Crisp – Blahnik Baker
And please be sure to visit my good friend Mary Frances at The Sweet-Tooth Life; she was our guest blogger this month and didn’t she do an incredible job with her Vegan Gluten-Free Ginger Walnut Apple Pie Bars?
Hope you enjoyed, my friends! I’ll be back with another fun post on Friday!