Whip up this easy No-Bake Guinness Chocolate Cheesecake Mousse this St. Patrick’s Day! The roasty, malty flavors of stout beer pair perfectly with rich chocolate, and the crunchy pretzel crust provides a great balance.
I promised you a boozy St. Patrick’s Day treat, and here it is!
I think you guys are really going to LOVE this recipe, because not only is it festive and fun, but it’s SO quick and easy to make. St. Patrick’s Day (unlike Christmas or Thanksgiving) is about being out and having fun! So you can whip up this fluffy boozy chocolate mousse dessert and be right on your merry way.
I’m telling you, one bite and you’ll swoon. So fluffy. So rich. So chocolate-y! If you’ve never experienced chocolate + stout beer together just trust me; it’s truly a match made in heaven. The roasty, malty notes in the beer are a perfect compliment to chocolate. If you like mocha (coffee + chocolate), then you’ll love this pairing too!
The “crust” component of this cheesecake is just crushed up chocolate covered pretzels, which, I mean come on. Chocolate loves pretzels and pretzels love beer so you know this is on point. Top with a little softly whipped cream, and you’ve got your fluffy, creamy, crunchy, and salty right there with your sweet and chocolate-y and everybody is just over the moon.
I’m serving this dessert up individually portioned in little beer glasses, because I just can’t get over the cuteness, but it would work equally well in mason jars. I love this kind, and these are super fun too!
Happy St. Patrick’s Day!
No-Bake Guinness Chocolate Cheesecakes
Whip up this easy No-Bake Guinness Chocolate Cheesecake mousse this St. Patrick's Day! The roasty, malty flavors of stout beer pair perfectly with rich chocolate, and the crunchy pretzel crust provides a great balance.
Yield: 6 servings
For the crust:
- 2 1/2 ounces chocolate covered pretzels
For the filling:
- 8 ounces full-fat cream cheese (brick)
- 3/4 cup dark brown sugar
- 3 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup dark stout beer
- 1 cup cold heavy cream
For the topping:
- 1/2 cup cold heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- Finely crush the pretzels in a food processor or mini-chopper. Place about 2 tablespoons of the mixture in the bottoms of six 6-ounce jars or glasses.
- Place the cream cheese, brown sugar, and cocoa powder in a medium mixing bowl, and cream together until smooth. With the mixer running on low speed, slowly drizzle in the dark stout beer. When all of the beer has been incorporated, pour in the cream in a slow and steady stream, while mixing on medium speed. When all of the cream has been added, turn the mixer up to medium-high and whip until the mixture holds stiff peaks. Be careful not to overwhip, or the cheesecake mousse could become runny.
- Divide the mixture evenly between the six serving dishes. Whip the cream and sugar together until the mixture holds soft peaks. Top the cheesecakes with the whipped cream. Serve cold.