This post has been sponsored by MARS, Inc and American Greetings. All thoughts and opinions are my own.
Let someone know how special they are this Valentine’s Day, with a sweet gift of Chocolate Heart Blossoms! They’re so fun and festive!
Ever since my kids were born, Valentine’s Day has taken on a whole new meaning. Where it used to be an excuse for a romantic night out for my me and my husband, it’s now an opportunity to show our appreciation to so many of the people that touch our lives, on a daily basis.
I love to mark the holiday with heartfelt messages, thoughtful gifts, and special treats for my kids, their friends, and their teachers at school. There are so many people that deserve a little something sweet on Valentine’s day! It lets them know how much we care.
And homemade gifts are always loved and appreciated, especially when they involve chocolate!
These adorable chocolate heart blossoms are just bursting with Valentine’s holiday spirit, and they’re so much fun to make!
I’m sure you remember that classic cookie: the peanut blossom. Well, these do them one better by marrying a soft, pillow-y chocolate cookie with a fun and seasonal sprinkle medley, and a sweet Dove® Milk Chocolate Promise. They’re the perfect way to let someone know that you’re thinking of them this Valentine’s Day.
Holidays can be such a busy and stressful time for moms and dads, so I’m making it simple for you to recreate this thoughtful gift: everything you need can be found at Walmart. Just grab some treat boxes and sprinkles from the cake decorating aisle, a thoughtful card from the greeting card section, and a couple bags of Dove® Milk Chocolate Promises from the candy aisle. The rest of the ingredients are just pantry staples. You probably already have them all in your cupboard!
If you want to get the kids involved, let them roll the dough into balls, dip them in sprinkles, or even press the Dove® Chocolates into the cookies while they’re still warm from the oven. It can be a great way to make Valentine’s memories with them, and to teach them how important it is to make others feel special and appreciated.
So if you’re feeling a little overwhelmed or stressed this Valentine’s Day, make it easy on yourself! Make a quick stop at Walmart for an American Greetings® card and a few fun supplies, and bake up a big batch of Chocolate Heart Blossoms to give out to all your loved ones.
Take care of all your last-minute Valentine’s Day gifting needs at Walmart. Find your nearest store by clicking this link.
Chocolate Heart Blossoms
Let someone know how special they are this Valentine's Day, with a sweet gift of Chocolate Heart Blossoms! They're so fun and festive!
Yield: 3 dozen cookies
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
- 1/3 cup light brown sugar, lightly packed
- 1 large egg
- 2 tablespoons milk (I used 1%)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 ½ cups all-purpose flour
- ½ cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
- sprinkles (I used a combination of micro hearts, pale pink sugar pearls, white jimmies, and silver dragees)
- 36 Dove® Milk Chocolate Promises
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Cream the butter, sugar, and brown sugar together on medium high speed for 3 to 5 minutes, or until fluffy and very pale. Beat in the egg on medium high speed, until completely incorporated. Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula, then add the milk and vanilla, mixing on medium-high speed until smooth. Add the flour, cocoa powder, baking soda, and salt, and mix on medium speed until well-blended.
- Use a 1.5-tablespoon cookie scoop to portion out the dough. Roll between your palms to make a smooth ball. Lightly press the bottoms and sides of the balls into the sprinkles, and transfer to the prepared baking sheets. Bake for 8 to 10 minutes, or until puffed and set around the edges but still soft in the middle. Press a Dove® Milk Chocolate Promise into the center of each warm cookie. Cool completely, then package in treat boxes and gift with an American Greetings® card.
And be sure to check out my “Holiday” Pinterest board, for lots more great Valentine’s Day ideas!