Share a chocolate martini with your love! Just 3 ingredients & so creamy and decadent. An easy, boozy treat, perfect for a special occasion.
It’s almost Valentine’s Day!
And I can’t let the occasion pass without adding another delicious and special Valentine’s Day recipe to your collection. So today I’m sharing my favorite chocolate martini recipe!
You are going to love this because it’s so quick and easy to make.
If you’re having a crazy day and you just can’t find the time for something like flourless chocolate cake, red velvet sugar cookies, or even chocolate-covered strawberries, this recipe will be your best friend.
It literally whips up in mere minutes!
What’s in a chocolate martini?
This easy recipe has just 3 simple ingredients:
- Creme de cacao or chocolate liqueur
- Irish cream
You can also use ice and I have some other fun add-ins below if you want to pair the chocolate with another delicious and complementary flavor.
How to make a chocolate martini
Making this drink is as easy as mixing the 3 ingredients together. That’s really all there is to it!
But if you want to get fancy, I recommend rimming the glass with chocolate sugar.
It’s really easy and makes the whole experience feel even more special. I love how you get a little extra sweetness with every sip!
Stir sugar and cocoa powder together in a small bowl, then transfer the mixture to a plate.
Wet the rim of a fancy glass with water or chocolate syrup. I’ve tried both and they work equally well.
Then dip the wet rim in the chocolate sugar.
Shaken or stirred?
This cocktail can be shaken or stirred, or even served on the rocks. It’s really up to you!
If you stir it, the final product will taste a little boozier and intense.
Serving it over ice will dilute that alcohol warmth a little.
Shaking it in a cocktail shaker with about a cup of ice will make it almost like a milkshake! Teensy shards of ice will splinter off into the drink, making it thicker and frosty-cold.
You could also add a splash of heavy cream (I’d say around 2 ounces or to taste) to give it an even smoother flavor and make it a little frothy.
I love this drink just as is!
- Add about an ounce of peanut butter whiskey for a peanut butter chocolate martini.
- Use caramel flavored vodka for a chocolate caramel martini.
- Splash in an ounce or so of amaretto for a chocolate almond martini.
- The same amound of frangelico would make a delicious chocolate hazelnut martini.
- How about a little kahlua for a mocha martini?
- Peppermint schnapps, for a festive chocolate mint martini!
- A little kirsch for a cherry chocolate martini.
- Grand marnier or triple sec, for a chocolate orange martini.
Or any other add-in you can dream up!
Can this be made ahead?
This cocktail can definitely be made ahead, and it keeps for a long time!
Feel free to scale up the recipe and make a whole pitcher. So much fun for a ladies night get-together!
I’d recommend shaking it or adding the ice just before serving, so it doesn’t get too watery.
It can probably be left out at room temp for a day or so, or in the fridge if you’d like to keep it a little longer.
A few more of my favorite chocolate recipes:
As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
For the Chocolate Sugar Rim:
For the Chocolate Martini:
- 8 ounces (226.8 g) vodka
- 4 ounces (113.4 g) chocolate liqueur or creme de cacao
- 4 ounces (113.4 g) Irish cream liqueur
To Rim the Glass in Chocolate Sugar:
- Place the sugar and cocoa powder in a small bowl and stir together.
- Transfer the mixture to a small plate.
- Place the water or chocolate syrup in a small plate.
To Make the Chocolate Martini:
- Stir all 3 ingredients together.
- Pour into the glasses straight, or over ice, or shake them together vigorously in a cocktail shaker along with about a cup of ice, then strain into glasses.