Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
Make this chocolate peppermint bundt cake this holiday season! It’s rich and moist, and full of deep chocolate and cool mint flavor.
It’s a brand-new week! I hope you’re feeling rested, refreshed, and ready to take it on!
We are in high Christmas gear over here at my house. The holiday baking is officially done, and now I’ve moved on to shopping, wrapping, and decorating. So many things I need to squeeze in before the big day! I hope it all comes together perfectly, and everyone in my family (including me!) can enjoy a relaxing and memorable holiday.
This chocolate peppermint bundt will definitely be making an appearance on our holiday dessert table!
I’m a HUGE fan of the chocolate peppermint flavor combo. Honestly, I love it all year ’round, but especially around Christmastime. There’s something so wintry and comforting about it!
This chocolate peppermint bundt cake feeds a big crowd, and it’s so easy to make. The batter all comes together in one bowl, and you just bake it up, turn it out, and drizzle it with a smooth chocolate ganache. Sprinkle the top with a few crushed candy canes, for a pretty presentation that just screams “Holiday!”
The texture is moist and rich, and that whisper of cool peppermint balances out the chocolate in the most delicious way.
Love cake? Make sure you’re following my “Cake Recipes” board on Pinterest!
Make this chocolate peppermint bundt cake this holiday season! It's rich and moist, and full of deep chocolate and cool mint flavor.
- 1 1/2 cups granulated sugar
- 1 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup unsalted butter, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons peppermint extract
- 4 ounces semi-sweet chocolate, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup heavy whipping cream
- 2 peppermint candy canes, roughly chopped
- Preheat the KitchenAid® Gas Convection Slide-In Range to 350° F, and lightly mist a bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- Place the granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt in the bowl of the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer fitted the flat beater. Stir on low speed to combine.
- Mix in the butter on low speed, until the mixture resembles moist crumbs. Stir in the eggs until combined.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula, then add the Greek yogurt, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Beat on medium speed for about 90 seconds to aerate the batter and build the cake’s structure.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, and bake in the Slide-In Range for 45-55 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the thickest part of the cake comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool for 20 minutes, then invert the cake onto a serving platter.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour the cream into a saucepan from the KitchenAid® Stainless Steel 10-Piece Set, and place over medium-low heat until just barely beginning to simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and allow to stand for 3 minutes.
- Use a silicone spatula to stir the ganache until smooth. Drizzle the topping over the cooled cake, and garnish with chopped peppermint candy canes.
Please visit KitchenAid's blog, The Kitchenthusiast, for step-by-step pictorial.