Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
Make this chocolate peppermint bundt cake this holiday season! It’s rich and moist, and full of deep chocolate and cool mint flavor.
It’s a brand-new week! I hope you’re feeling rested, refreshed, and ready to take it on!
We are in high Christmas gear over here at my house. The holiday baking is officially done, and now I’ve moved on to shopping, wrapping, and decorating. So many things I need to squeeze in before the big day! I hope it all comes together perfectly, and everyone in my family (including me!) can enjoy a relaxing and memorable holiday.
This chocolate peppermint bundt will definitely be making an appearance on our holiday dessert table!
I’m a HUGE fan of the chocolate peppermint flavor combo. Honestly, I love it all year ’round, but especially around Christmastime. There’s something so wintry and comforting about it!
This chocolate peppermint bundt cake feeds a big crowd, and it’s so easy to make. The batter all comes together in one bowl, and you just bake it up, turn it out, and drizzle it with a smooth chocolate ganache. Sprinkle the top with a few crushed candy canes, for a pretty presentation that just screams “Holiday!”
The texture is moist and rich, and that whisper of cool peppermint balances out the chocolate in the most delicious way.
Love cake? Make sure you’re following my “Cake Recipes” board on Pinterest!
Chocolate Peppermint Bundt Cake
- 1 1/2 cups (300 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1 cup (86 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (62.5 g) cake flour
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1.5 teaspoons) baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) kosher salt
- 1 cup (227 g) unsalted butter,, softened
- 4 large eggs
- 1 cup (200 g) Greek yogurt
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1.5 teaspoons) peppermint extract
- 4 ounces (113.4 g) semi-sweet chocolate,, finely chopped
- 1/2 cup (119 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 2 peppermint candy canes,, roughly chopped
- Preheat the KitchenAid® Gas Convection Slide-In Range to 350° F, and lightly mist a bundt pan with non-stick spray.
- Place the granulated sugar, all-purpose flour, unsweetened cocoa powder, cake flour, baking powder, baking soda, and kosher salt in the bowl of the KitchenAid® Stand Mixer fitted the flat beater. Stir on low speed to combine.
- Mix in the butter on low speed, until the mixture resembles moist crumbs. Stir in the eggs until combined.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula, then add the Greek yogurt, vanilla, and peppermint extract. Beat on medium speed for about 90 seconds to aerate the batter and build the cake’s structure.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, and bake in the Slide-In Range for 45-55 minutes, or until a cake tester inserted in the thickest part of the cake comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool for 20 minutes, then invert the cake onto a serving platter.
- Place the chopped chocolate in a medium mixing bowl.
- Pour the cream into a saucepan from the KitchenAid® Stainless Steel 10-Piece Set, and place over medium-low heat until just barely beginning to simmer. Pour the hot cream over the chopped chocolate and allow to stand for 3 minutes.
- Use a silicone spatula to stir the ganache until smooth. Drizzle the topping over the cooled cake, and garnish with chopped peppermint candy canes.
Made this for Christmas dessert. Everyone loved it. I’d definitely make it again.
Great sounding recipe I am thinking of making for Valentine’s Day. My girlfriend loves chocolate and peppermint. Cake is a great combination!
Am looking forward to making this cake for her. The recipe does not specify what size bundt pan to use. I was wondering what size pan is recommended for this recipe? I have three bundt pans and each is a slightly different size: 8 1/2, 9, 9 1/2. This recipe looks like it would call for the smaller pan. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks.
Hi there! This recipe is for a standard sized 10-cup capacity bundt. Hope you and your girlfriend enjoy!
The chocolate peppermint flavor combination is perfect for the holidays! Looks so delicious!
I love a good bundt cake- this looks delicious!
Perfect for the holidays! My chocoholic family thanks you for the fabulous recipe!
Allie all of your food looks super good!! I will have to try this one!! Mint is like my favorite thing. Wishing you a Merry Christmas and a Happy New Year!!
Hope your Christmas was merry, and Happy New Year to you too Kirsten!
Just made this! Looks amazing. I tagged you in my post of this cake on instagram (I’m @LC0349). Merry Christmas ?
Awesome! Thanks so much Alisha! I will look for it on Instagram. Hope your Christmas was merry! Happy New Year!
Just made this and it looks and smells amazing!!! Another great recipe, Allie!!! Made it for a family event tonight- will see how everyone loves it and probably making another tomorrow!!!
That’s so awesome Becky! I’m so happy you like the recipe! Hope your family enjoys it. Happy holidays and maybe we should get our boys together over the break?
Made it twice now and it’s delicious!!! I’d love to get the boys together!! Enjoy your day and I’ll be in touch!
So happy you like it Becky! I will message you about getting the kids together. Hope you’re enjoying the break!
Definitely want one ?. Beautiful Christmas time to you Allie and all your friends! ??☀️⛄️❄️?
Thank you so much Joanna! And to you as well 🙂
Ahh, this looks so delicious. I am such a huge fan of peppermint! Also, I seriously LOVE the color of that mixer! Fingers crossed! xo
Good luck to you! Thanks for entering!
1-OMG those mini mixers! 2-This cake is the absolute perfect thing to bring for holiday parties-it’s so festive and looks so delicious!
Yay! So happy you like this post Kayle! Thank you- and enjoy the holidays!
This sounds delicious!! I love the chocolate peppermint flavor combination also.
I’m so excited about this cake (and what a sweet giveaway!). I love chocolate and mint! My daughters and I have made several of your recipes subbing Bob’s Red Mill 1 to 1 gf flour, and they have all turned out really well. Fingers crossed this will too! 🙂
Oh that’s so great to know! Thanks for sharing that Kate- now if anyone else asks I can give them that recommendation. I really appreciate it! And thanks for entering the giveaway- good luck!!