This is a sponsored post, written by me and created in partnership with Among Friends. All opinions expressed herein are straight from my heart.
Baked Cinnamon Eggnog Donut Holes: such a fun holiday treat! You’ll love the rich eggnog and warm cinnamon. Plus they’re whole grain and gluten-free!
Hey good morning!
Can you believe how close we are getting to Christmas?? Eep! I really need to get a move on.
I still haven’t done much shopping at all yet, and the decorating has been pretty minimal. But I’ve got the holiday baking covered, that’s for sure!
And today I’m adding one more fabulous recipe to that category. Baked cinnamon eggnog donut holes!
I think these would be absolutely perfect for a Christmas or New Year’s breakfast or brunch. They’re so moist and flavorful!
The rich taste of eggnog really comes through, and they’re spiked with tons of warm cinnamon. Best of all, they’re completely gluten-free.
And they’re also 100% whole grain, and are free of all gums and fillers. And non-GMO!
I don’t usually do much with baking mixes, but Among Friends is just so great. I love that they’re all natural. And when it comes to gluten-free, a lot of times I think a mix can be best. Otherwise, you’re having to buy so many different flours, starches and add-ins! Among Friends® Francie’s™ Make It Your Own Cinnamon Sugar Muffin Mix is the perfect solution.
Just replace the buttermilk with eggnog, for an extra-rich flavor that’s perfect for the holidays. It can be baked as muffins, donuts, or donut holes (like you see here), depending upon the type of pan you use. I loved the pop-able mini size, especially when drenched with a sweet eggnog glaze!
Baked Cinnamon Eggnog Donut Holes
Baked Cinnamon Eggnog Donut Holes: such a fun holiday treat! You'll love the rich eggnog and warm cinnamon. Plus they're whole grain and gluten-free!
about 4 dozen baked donut holes
For the baked donut holes
- 1 bag Among Friends® Francie's™ Make It Your Own Cinnamon Sugar Muffin Mix
- 1 cup eggnog
- 6 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted and cooled slightly
- 3 large eggs
For the eggnog glaze
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1/3 cup eggnog
- freshly grated nutmeg
To make the baked donut holes:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F, and mist mini muffin pans with non-stick spray.
- Place the baking mix, eggnog, melted butter, and eggs in a large bowl and stir together until combined. Fill the wells of the mini muffin pans 3/4 full with the batter, and bake for 5 minutes. Turn the oven temperature down to 350 degrees F, and continue to bake for another 6 to 10 minutes, or until a skewer inserted in the thickest part of the muffin comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool completely, then coat with eggnog glaze.
To make the eggnog glaze:
- Stir the powdered sugar, eggnog, and nutmeg together in a medium bowl until smooth.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 1008kcal Calories from fat 246|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 27g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||75%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Among Friends® Baking Mixes come in all sorts of fun flavors! Click over to their website to check them all out, and read more about their story. There’s a store locator there too, so you can find out where to go to pick up a few bags for yourself. And be sure to keep up with Among Friends on Google+, Facebook, Instagram, Pinterest, and Twitter!
Are you a donut lover? Make sure you’re following my “Donut Recipes” board on Pinterest!