Moist, soft, and sweet, this glazed Coconut Bread is perfect with a cup of tea or coffee! A simple quick bread that comes together in minutes, with no mixer required.
I’m so excited to share this coconut bread with you today!
There is just something about a quick bread. They’re like, maximum impact with minimal effort. Just stir a few dry ingredients together, add a few liquid ingredients, pour it in a loaf pan and boom. Incredibly delicious treat.
And there is no better time to enjoy coconut than right now!
Someone left a comment on one of my Instagram posts this week saying “Easter owns marshmallow.” I couldn’t agree more, but when I think of Easter I also think of coconut. And pineapple!
I’ve got a bunch of marshmallow, coconut, and/or pineapple desserts here that I think you’d love:
- Coconut Cake
- Snowball Cupcakes
- Blackberry Coconut Cupcakes
- Coconut Cream Pie
- Almond Joy Muffins
- Lemon Macaroon Cheesecake
- Pina Colada Cupcakes
- Pineapple Creme Brulee
- Pineapple Cream Cheese Sweet Rolls
- Carrot Cake with Cream Cheese Frosting
These are all fan-freaking-tastic, but if you’re in kind of a last-minute situation, I think this coconut bread is the way to go!
It makes a great breakfast, brunch, or afternoon snack, and it’s moist and just sweet enough, with a buttery richness and plenty of tropical coconut flavor.
We’re using coconut milk, sweetened shredded coconut, and coconut extract, so there’s no doubt about it! It’s all coconut.
Once the bread has cooled, glaze it with a coconutty powdered sugar icing, and top it with big shards of toasted coconut. I’ve used the unsweetened kind, to balance the sweetness and also just because I love the look of those big curls!
Just toss them around in a dry pan over medium heat. They start to brown pretty fast, so keep them moving!
If you’ve got overnight guests coming this holiday weekend, make them this coconut bread! It makes a perfect breakfast, brunch, or afternoon snack.
More great bread recipes on my “Bread Recipes” Pinterest board!
This post contains affiliate sales links.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F and mist a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Place the flour, coconut, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the coconut milk, melted butter, egg, and extracts in a large liquid measuring cup, and whisk to combine.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry, and fold together just until combined.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, and bake for 55 to 65 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the thickest part of the bread comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool for 20 minutes in the pan, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Lightly toast the coconut flakes in a dry pan over medium heat, until just beginning to turn brown. Set aside.
- Place the powdered sugar in a medium bowl and add the coconut milk and coconut extract.
- Stir together until smooth, then drizzle over the coconut bread and top with toasted coconut flakes.