Pineapple Cream Cheese Sweet Rolls
Sweet, tender yeast rolls swirled with a luscious pineapple cream cheese filling, topped with a tangy cream cheese drizzle. This tropical twist on the classic cinnamon roll is sure to be a hit at your next brunch!
This is a sponsored post, written by me, on behalf of Philadelphia Cream Cheese. All opinions expressed herein are straight from my heart.
Boy oh boy do I have a delicious treat for you guys today!
When Philadelphia Cream Cheese asked me to help them come up with a special Easter brunch recipe, I had pineapple on the brain. I don’t know- it’s just, when I think of Easter, I think of this pineapple-cream-cheese-lime-Jell-O™-mold-thing that was always served every year on Easter Sunday when I was a kid. We’d have that, and ham, and buttery Parker House rolls from the freezer section. All of those fruity, yeasty and creamy tastes were just so comforting and special and delicious.
So, today’s recipe is all about recreating those incredible Springtime Easter flavors in brunch form.
I can’t say enough good things about these sweet rolls. The dough recipe is exactly like a Cinnabon. Truly. I have never come across another cinnamon roll recipe that nails the flavor and texture more dead-on. I’m talking gooey, yeasty, and rich. It’s pretty simple to throw together with just a few pantry staples, but you’ll want to plan ahead because there is a good bit of down time while you let the dough rise.
Using fresh pineapple in the filling gives these rolls the most incredibly sweet, tropical flavor! I know those big ol’ prickly things can be a little intimidating, but I promise you, cutting a whole pineapple is not a big deal at all if you know what you’re doing. I created a little video in my last post to show you just how fast and simple it can be. You’re looking at less than 4 minutes!
Pineapple Sweet Rolls
Sweet, tender yeast rolls wwirled with a luscious pineapple cream cheese filling, topped with tangy cream cheese frosting. This tropical twist on the classic cinnamon roll is sure to be a hit at your next brunch!
For the Dough
- 3/4 cup warm water
- 1/2 cup granulated sugar
- 1 packet (1/4 ounce) instant dry yeast
- 1/3 cup vegetable or canola oil
- 1/4 cup buttermilk
- 1 large egg
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 5 cups all-purpose flour
For the Filling
- 8 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese (brick), softened
- 4 tablespoons (half a stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 1/2 cup powdered sugar
- 1 1/2 cups roughly chopped pineapple (about 1/2 fresh pineapple, peeled & cored)
For the Icing
- 4 ounces Philadelphia Cream Cheese (brick), softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
Make the Dough:
- Place the warm water and sugar in a large mixing bowl, and sprinkle the yeast over the surface. Set aside for 5 minutes and allow the yeast to get foamy and aromatic.
- Combine the oil, buttermilk, egg, and salt in a liquid measuring cup and stir together with a fork.
- Add to the yeast and water mixture, stirring to combine.
- Stir in the flour and mix on medium-low speed until the dough pulls away from the sides of the bowl (about 5 minutes.)
- Place the dough in a lightly oiled bowl and cover with plastic wrap. Allow to rise in a warm place, for 1-2 hours.
Make the Filling:
- Place the cream cheese, butter, and powdered sugar in a mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until fluffy.
- Stir in the chopped pineapple.
Assemble the Rolls:
- Lightly mist a 9x13-inch glass baking dish with non-stick spray.
- Sprinkle the work surface with flour and pat the dough into a rectangle shape.
- Roll the dough out to a thickness of about 1/8-inch.
- Spread the filling evenly over the surface.
- Working from one long edge, carefully roll the dough into a log.
- Cut the log into 12 equal portions, and place each roll, cut side down, into the prepared dish.
- Allow the rolls to rise, in a warm place, for one hour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and bake the rolls for 20-25 minutes, or until they are puffed and golden.
- Cool for 30 minutes, then drizzle with icing.
Make the Icing:
- Beat the cream cheese and powdered sugar together until smooth.
- Add the milk and vanilla.
|Serving Size||1 roll|
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 488kcal Calories from fat 187|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 21g||32%|
|Saturated Fat 9g||45%|
|Dietary Fiber 2g||8%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
Your guest will swoon when they taste these! Serve a warm pan of these pineapple cream cheese sweet rolls at your next brunch- they are truly unforgettable!
Tools used to Create this Dish:
Thank you to Philadelphia Cream Cheese for allowing me to partner with them to create delicious recipes for the Easter season! This recipe was developed, tested, and photographed by Baking a Moment, and is not an original Philadelphia Cream Cheese recipe.
This post contains affiliate links.