This is a sponsored post, written by me, and created in partnership with White Lily Flour. All opinions expressed herein are straight from my heart.
Satisfy your lemon craving with this moist and slightly sweet Iced Lemon Loaf! It’s just bursting with bright citrus flavor, and the hint of almond is such a great compliment. Don’t forget to scroll all the way to the bottom of the post, for a fun giveaway from White Lily!
Good morning, my friends! I hope you are keeping warm on this icy January day!
I am bundled up in several layers over here, trying my best to type with stiff, cold fingers! For some reason, our furnace does not seem able to keep up with these frigid temps. It’s trying! But it just can’t warm things up to where they should be. The only way to really warm up the house these days is to turn on the oven. It’s a good motivator for me to keep baking!
I whipped this Iced Lemon Loaf up over the weekend, and we’ve been enjoying it ever since. I always crave citrus at this time of year. I think that sunny flavor somehow just makes me feel warm all over. If you love lemon as much as I do, this bread will not disappoint!
I used White Lily‘s new Whole Wheat and Almond Flour blend, which gives the cake a great moist texture, and a hint of nutty flavor. I just love the combination of lemon and almond- it’s a flavor match made in heaven! And this flour blend can sub cup-for-cup with regular all-purpose flour, so it’s really easy for you to incorporate it into any of your favorite recipes. The Almond Flour Blend is the newest of their Premium Flour Blends. You can check out the whole line here. I really love that everything is certified non-GMO, and they’ve teamed up with Shepherd’s Grain, a group of wheat farmers who all really care about the way they grow and harvest their crops. Every bag even has a special code where you can look up exactly who grew the wheat that was milled to make your flour. It’s this kind of traceability that lets you know you are working with a product of the highest possible quality. You can read lots more about my visit to Shepherd’s Grain, and how the tracing code works, here.
The cake itself is infused with lemon juice, and after it’s baked, a lemon-y syrup is spooned all over the warm loaf. It soaks right in and intensifies the flavor even more. Then, the whole thing is blanketed in a thick glaze that reinforces the tart citrus flavor. The icing has lots of fresh zest, along with lemon juice, Greek yogurt, and just a hint of almond extract. Garnish with a handful of toasted almonds for a little added crunch and nuttiness!
Iced Almond Lemon Loaf
Satisfy your lemon craving with this moist and slightly sweet Iced Lemon Loaf! It's just bursting with bright citrus flavor, and the hint of almond is such a great compliment. Don't forget to scroll all the way to the bottom of the post, for a fun giveaway from White Lily!
For the syrup
- 1/4 cup granulated sugar
- juice of one lemon (about 1/4 cup)
For the bread
- 1 1/2 cups White Lily® All-Purpose Wheat Flour & Almond Flour Blend
- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, softened
- 2 large eggs
- 1/3 cup Greek yogurt
- zest of half a lemon
- juice of half a lemon (about 2 tablespoons)
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
For the icing
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 tablespoon Greek yogurt
- 1 1/2 teaspoons lemon juice
- 1/2 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 tablespoons sliced almonds, toasted
To make the syrup:
- Place the sugar and lemon juice in a small pot and place over medium heat. Cook, stirring, for 3-5 minutes, or until the sugar has completely dissolved. Set aside.
To make the bread:
- Preheat the oven to 450 degrees F, and mist a 9 by 5-inch loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Place the White Lily® All-Purpose Wheat Flour & Almond Flour Blend, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in the bowl of a stand mixer. Stir together on low speed. Add the butter and mix on low speed, until the mixture resembles damp sand. Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula after each addition. Add the Greek yogurt, lemon zest, lemon juice, and almond extract, and mix on medium speed for about a minute.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, and bake for 10 minutes. Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees and continue to bake for another 45-50 minutes, or until a bamboo skewer inserted in the thickest part of the bread comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool the bread in the pan for 10 minutes. Remove the slightly cooled bread from the pan and place the loaf on a on a sheet pan. Spoon the syrup all over the warm bread. Allow the bread to cool completely, then transfer to a wire rack set over a sheet pan, and drizzle with icing. Garnish with toasted almonds.
To make the icing:
- Place the powdered sugar, Greek yogurt, lemon juice, and almond extract in a small bowl and stir together until smooth.
And now for the giveaway! My friends at White Lily have been kind enough to offer a special package to one lucky reader. The prize pack includes:
- three of White Lily’s Premium Flour Blend varieties
- three linen flour bags (only one is pictured)
- a White Lily tote
- a cute basket
- flour sifter
- White Lily notebook
Enter using the widget below! Good luck!