Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
If you love lemon, you’ve gotta try this lemon pound cake recipe! Just bursting with tangy lemon flavor, and so moist! Made with all butter, for a velvety texture that practically melts in your mouth.
Is that totally cliche if I talk about the weather?
If so I’m sorry, but at this time of year it tends to be front of mind for me. I am just SO SICK of WINTER!!!
Spring cannot get here soon enough for me.
I’m craving bright, sunny flavors to get me through these last few weeks of bitter cold!
This lemon pound cake is just what the doctor ordered!
When I set out to make a lemon pound cake recipe, I’ve got a few things in mind. Namely, it should be:
That last one is a biggie! There’s nothing that bugs me more than a dessert that doesn’t have flavor.
Not an issue here, my friend. This lemon pound cake recipe is made with the zest and juice of two whole lemons! Plus there’s a little lemon extract in there too, just for good measure.
There’s no mistaking that this is a lemon pound cake. So bright, tangy, and sunshine-y!
And the “moist” and “buttery” are covered too. It’s made with all butter, which makes the recipe simple and straightforward, and makes the final cake so moist and velvety!
A few tips and tricks:
- Use a 10-cup capacity bundt pan to make this lemon pound cake. It will yield about 16 servings, so it’s perfect for entertaining! (…I’m thinking Easter!)
- I love it with just a light dusting of powdered sugar for garnish, but if you’d prefer it glazed, just stir 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar together with the juice of half a lemon. It’s a simple icing that will really bring out the citrus-y flavors!
- And if you’d like it jazzed up even more, think about topping it with fresh berries and whipped cream. I think that would be a perfect compliment.
- If you’ve got leftovers, just wrap them tightly in plastic wrap. This lemon pound cake will keep at room temperature for 4 days, in the fridge for a week, or in the freezer for a month.
Browse more great cake recipes on my “Cake Recipes” Pinterest board!
This post contains affiliate sales links.
** WATCH THIS LIVE RECIPE DEMO FOR LOTS OF TIPS & TRICKS! **
Lemon Pound Cake Recipe
If you love lemon, you've gotta try this lemon pound cake recipe! Just bursting with tangy lemon flavor, and so moist! Made with all butter, for a velvety texture that practically melts in your mouth.
- 2 1/2 cups (5 sticks) unsalted butter, softened
- 3 cups granulated sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons lemon extract
- zest of 2 lemons
- juice of 2 lemons
- 3 cups cake flour
- 2 teaspoons kosher salt
- powdered sugar, for garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, generously mist a 10-cup bundt pan with non-stick spray, and dust with flour.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and sugar together on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl with a silicone spatula, then add the lemon extract, lemon zest, and lemon juice, mixing on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the flour and salt, mixing on medium speed until just barely incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, and bake for 75 to 85 minutes, or until a bamboo skewer inserted in the thickest part of a cake comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Dust with powdered sugar, for garnish
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 524kcal Calories from fat 277|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 31g||48%|
|Saturated Fat 19g||95%|
|Dietary Fiber 1g||4%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|