Homemade Cookies and Cream Peppermint Patties make such a fun and delicious holiday gift! You’ll love the addition of crunchy Oreo cookies. And be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of the post, for an awesome giveaway from Ghirardelli Chocolate!
It’s Friday! Yay! What do you have planned for the weekend?
We have lots of fun holiday activities coming up, plus I’m sure I’ll be doing what I love most: baking. At this time of year, baking is huge. Prepping for holiday parties, making homemade gifts, and just enjoying time in the kitchen, creating delicious goodies with my loved ones.
This year, Ghirardelli Chocolate is commemorating the season with a special Baking Day, which happens to be TOMORROW! And, they’re offering a special giveaway to a lucky reader! But more on that later. First, let’s all get in the kitchen and bake something fabulous for the holidays!
Technically, these Oreo peppermint patties aren’t baked, but I think they still fall into that category. They’re a wonderful homemade treat, just bursting with chocolate and peppermint flavor, which is probably my number one, top favorite for Christmastime.
I see a lot of homemade peppermint patty recipes floating around at this time of year. Probably because they make such a perfectly wintry Christmas candy. Plus, they’re pretty easy, and fun to make.
But I wanted to put my own twist on it, and I think cookies and cream is just the thing!
Just knead a few crushed chocolate sandwich cookies in to your cream cheese/powdered sugar mixture. They give a nice crunch and a little added chocolate flavor!
I use Ghirardelli 60% cacao chocolate for the dipping. It melts up so smooth and coats the candies beautifully. Plus, that bittersweet chocolate balances out the minty creme filling in the most perfect way.
Garnish the tops with a little chopped peppermint bark, for a look that’s all dressed up for the holidays!
Just think about how cute these would look in a cello bag, all tied up with a pretty ribbon. Who wouldn’t be thrilled to receive a few as a holiday gift?
Cookies and Cream Peppermint Patties
Homemade Cookies and Cream Peppermint Patties make such a fun and delicious holiday gift! You'll love the addition of crunchy Oreo cookies.
Yield: about 2 dozen 1 3/4-inch diameter candies
- Place the cream cheese, 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl. Beat on medium speed until combined. Continue adding powdered sugar, until the mixture forms a ball and has the consistency of a stiff cookie dough. Stir in the peppermint extract and chocolate cookies.
- In the palm of your hand, roll about 2 teaspoons of dough into a ball. Place on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Dip the bottom of a drinking glass in powdered sugar, and use it to press the ball flat. Repeat with the remaining dough.
- Dip the patties in melted chocolate, and allow to set on a parchment-lined baking sheet. Garnish with chopped peppermint bark.
Speaking of holiday gifts, I have one for you today! Big thank you-s go out to my friends at Ghirardelli, who are generously offering a package of delicious chocolate treats to bake with and enjoy. Enter to win, using the widget below:
Good luck, and be sure to check out these special Baking Day recipes, created by Ghirardelli and Food 52:
- Soft Pumpkin Chocolate Chip Cookies
- No-Bake Dark Chocolate Almond Butter Bonbons
- Silky Chocolate Truffles
- Dark Chocolate Pecan Pie
- Chocolate Holiday Sables Cookies
Plus lots more delicious chocolate recipes on their site.
Happy Baking Day!
Be sure to follow my “Candy Recipes” Pinterest Board!