#KissMeImIrish Irish Cream Profiteroles
Irish cream profiteroles: pate a choux puffs filled with a fluffy Bailey’s Irish cream mousse and topped with dark chocolate ganache.
I’m so excited to be bringing you this recipe today! I think it’s a really fun way to celebrate St. Patrick’s day!
Do you remember my last post, about how to make perfect pate a choux? Well, there was a method to my madness there 😉 You’re going to need those big, beautiful, eggy puffs for today’s recipe.
I showed you how after they were baked, they puffed up and hollowed out inside. Well, today, we will be filling them with the lightest, creamiest, booziest Irish Cream whiskey mousse you’ve ever tasted!
- white chocolate melted together with Irish cream liqueur
- egg whites whipped with sugar
- whipped cream
It doesn’t get much simpler than that! Just spoon a little of that fluffy mousse filling into the hollows of your choux puffs.
These are so heavenly, just dusted with a little powdered sugar for garnish! But since I love you guys so much, I decided to go all out for ya.
Warm chocolate sauce, baby!
1. URBAN BAKES – Sweet & Salty Boozy Irish Truffle Cake
2. Baking a Moment – Irish Cream Profiteroles
3. The Cheery Baker – Baileys Mint Chocolate Poke Cake
4. Grandbaby Cakes – #KissMeImIrish Baileys Mint Chocolate Cream Pie
5. bethcakes – Irish Car Bomb Cake
6. gotta get baked – Chocolate Baileys Cheesecake
7. Jessiker Bakes – #KissMeImIrish Guinness Chocolate Cake
8. Blahnik Baker – Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes with Whiskey Caramel and
9. Bakes In Slippers – Guinness Chocolate Stout Milkshake
10. Chez CateyLou- Guinness Stout Chocolate Donuts #KissMeImIrish
11. House of Bakes – Drunken Blondie
What do you think? I have some super talented friends, amirite? Have fun drooling, you guys, I’ll be checking back in with you all on Friday with more fun treats. 😉
As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Irish Cream Profiteroles
For the Irish Cream Mousse Filling:
For the Warm Chocolate Sauce:
- 1 batch Simply Perfect Pate a Choux
To Make the Bailey's Irish Cream Mousse Filling:
- Place the chopped white chocolate and Irish cream liqueur in a bowl and set it over a pot of barely simmering water.
- Stir occasionally.
- When the chocolate has melted and the liqueur is fully incorporated, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Whip the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Continue to whip, while gradually adding the sugar, until the meringue holds stiff peaks.
- Whip the cream until it holds stiff peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream, meringue, and white chocolate/Irish cream mixtures together until incorporated.
Make the Warm Chocolate Sauce:
- Place the chopped chocolate and cream in a bowl and set it over a pot of simmering water.
- Stir occasionally, and remove from the heat when the chocolate has completely melted and the sauce is smooth and glossy.
- Stir in the corn syrup.
- Cut the tops off of the pate a choux puffs.
- Fill the cavities with Bailey's Irish cream mousse filling.
- Place the tops back on the puffs, and drizzle with warm chocolate sauce.