#KissMeImIrish Irish Cream Profiteroles
Irish cream profiteroles: pate a choux puffs filled with a fluffy Bailey’s Irish cream mousse and topped with dark chocolate ganache.
I’m so excited to be bringing you this recipe today! I think it’s a really fun way to celebrate St. Patrick’s day!
Do you remember my last post, about how to make perfect pate a choux? Well, there was a method to my madness there 😉 You’re going to need those big, beautiful, eggy puffs for today’s recipe.
I showed you how after they were baked, they puffed up and hollowed out inside. Well, today, we will be filling them with the lightest, creamiest, booziest Irish Cream whiskey mousse you’ve ever tasted!
- white chocolate melted together with Irish cream liqueur
- egg whites whipped with sugar
- whipped cream
It doesn’t get much simpler than that! Just spoon a little of that fluffy mousse filling into the hollows of your choux puffs.
These are so heavenly, just dusted with a little powdered sugar for garnish! But since I love you guys so much, I decided to go all out for ya.
Warm chocolate sauce, baby!
1. URBAN BAKES – Sweet & Salty Boozy Irish Truffle Cake
2. Baking a Moment – Irish Cream Profiteroles
3. The Cheery Baker – Baileys Mint Chocolate Poke Cake
4. Grandbaby Cakes – #KissMeImIrish Baileys Mint Chocolate Cream Pie
5. bethcakes – Irish Car Bomb Cake
6. gotta get baked – Chocolate Baileys Cheesecake
7. Jessiker Bakes – #KissMeImIrish Guinness Chocolate Cake
8. Blahnik Baker – Chocolate Guinness Cupcakes with Whiskey Caramel and
9. Bakes In Slippers – Guinness Chocolate Stout Milkshake
10. Chez CateyLou- Guinness Stout Chocolate Donuts #KissMeImIrish
11. House of Bakes – Drunken Blondie
What do you think? I have some super talented friends, amirite? Have fun drooling, you guys, I’ll be checking back in with you all on Friday with more fun treats. 😉
As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Irish Cream Profiteroles
For the Irish Cream Mousse Filling:
- 3 ounces (85.05 g) white chocolate, , coarsely chopped
- 3 tablespoons Irish cream liqueur
- 2 egg whites, (large)
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (118.29 ml) heavy cream
For the Warm Chocolate Sauce:
- 2 ounces (56.7 g) semi-sweet chocolate, , coarsely chopped
- 2 tablespoons heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon light corn syrup
- 1 batch Simply Perfect Pate a Choux
To Make the Bailey's Irish Cream Mousse Filling:
- Place the chopped white chocolate and Irish cream liqueur in a bowl and set it over a pot of barely simmering water.
- Stir occasionally.
- When the chocolate has melted and the liqueur is fully incorporated, remove from the heat and set aside.
- Whip the egg whites until soft peaks form.
- Continue to whip, while gradually adding the sugar, until the meringue holds stiff peaks.
- Whip the cream until it holds stiff peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream, meringue, and white chocolate/Irish cream mixtures together until incorporated.
Make the Warm Chocolate Sauce:
- Place the chopped chocolate and cream in a bowl and set it over a pot of simmering water.
- Stir occasionally, and remove from the heat when the chocolate has completely melted and the sauce is smooth and glossy.
- Stir in the corn syrup.
- Cut the tops off of the pate a choux puffs.
- Fill the cavities with Bailey's Irish cream mousse filling.
- Place the tops back on the puffs, and drizzle with warm chocolate sauce.
These remind me of cream puffs from one of my favorite bakeries in Hawaii. Pinned.
Thank you so much Erlene! I’m so happy you like these, and thank you for pinning 😀 😀 😀
Those sound delicious Allie, perfect with some ice cream I think! Thanks for linking up to Sweet and Savoury Sunday, stop by and link up with us again this weekend, I’d love to see you there Have a great weekend!
I will certainly do that, Laura! Thanks so much!
Oh wow, these look awesome! Definitely something Doc would love 🙂 This is one of my favorites at Sweet & Savoury Sundays! I can’t WAIT to try this! YUM! 🙂
Yay! Thanks so much, Lorraine! I hope you and Doc enjoy 😉
That seriously looks incredible! Thanks for sharing on the weekend re-Treat link party! Hope to see you at the party tomorrow night!
Britni @ Play. Party. Pin.
Thanks and you can count on me, Britni! I’ll be there with bells on 😉
Allie I love these Irish Cream profiteroles!!! White chocolate and baileys sounds divine and so so addicting man!! And that chocolate topping..hmmm. Send a few please?? Thank you 🙂
Ha ha thank you Zainab I’m so happy you like them. But they don’t hold a candle to those beautiful boozy cupcakes of yours! Hope you’re having a fun weekend my dear!
These profiteroles sound so dream! I love love love the irish cream on top!!
Thanks Jessica! I had a lot of fun making them for our St. Patty’s party 😀
These look absolutely delicious and perfect for st. patrick’s day! Such a good idea 🙂
Thanks, Chloe! They were so good, now I have to make them again for the actual holiday, lol! I’m so happy you liked them and thank you for stopping by and saying hello! 😀 😀 😀
These look mouthwatering! The mousse filling sounds unbelievably delicious!
Have a nice day!
You too, Consuelo, and thank you! Bailey’s ANYTHING is pretty fabulous, but it worked especially well in these cream puffs 😉
I don’t think these profiteroles could look any more perfect. I love everything about these and your pictures are more than stunning. What a fabulous idea!!
Wow, thank you so much, Kathi! Isn’t Bailey’s just so irresistible? I ADORE it, all year ’round, but especially around St. Patrick’s Day! And it worked so well in this fluffy filling! Thanks so much for the awesome feedback <3
I love the Irish twist you’ve given your profiteroles, and they look amazing!
Thanks Marcie! They were so good, and I had so much fun making them! I’m so happy you enjoyed the post. Thanks so much for stopping by and letting me know! 😀