It’s five O’clock somewhere! Celebrate with this Refreshing Mojito Cocktail, Frozen and Blended with Sweet, Juicy Pineapple, Rum, Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice, and a Subtle Hit of Herbal Cilantro.
Hello everyone! How was your weekend? Ours was really nice and relaxing. We grilled, and had a fire pit, spent some time with friends, and of course, little league 😉 Mr. Allie and I are loving how little league forces us to just slow down, focus on our family, and enjoy the beautiful Spring weather. There’s no wifi at the fields, so I’ve no choice but to unplug and just chill out. And it’s kinda awesome 😉
So- one other thing that I did over this weekend was to make (several!) pitchers of this fabulously refreshing Pineapple Cilantro Mojito. I came up with the idea based on this month’s Mystery Dish list:
- garbanzo beans
- potatoes (any variety)
- dark chocolate
- ground turkey
Jen from Yummy Healthy Easy was our host this month, and so she put together this challenging list of ingredients. I won’t be bragging about using more than half of the ingredients this month! Ha ha I’ve been put in my place this time around, lol! Only two of the ingredients in this month’s recipe, which is totally fine by me because this cocktail is absolutely a new favorite around our house.
It’s a little sweet, a little herbal, a lot citrusy, and a lot cold, refreshing, and slurp-able. I blended it with lots of ice, so the final drink has almost a sorbet-like consistency.
Traditionally, a mojito is made with fresh mint, rather than cilantro. But I really liked the almost savory note that the cilantro brought to the party. However, if you aren’t a big cilantro-lover, I think this frozen treat would be just as delish with mint, or even basil! Maybe even tarragon would be good. Any kind of non-woody herb would be super yummy, so if you have an herb garden and want to put your own spin on it (pineapple mint? rose geranium?) the sky’s the limit!
Frozen Pineapple Cilantro Mojito
It's five O'clock somewhere! Celebrate with this Refreshing Mojito Cocktail, Frozen and Blended with Sweet, Juicy Pineapple, Rum, Freshly Squeezed Lime Juice, and a Subtle Hit of Herbal Cilantro.
Yield: 1 cocktail
- 1 cup ice
- ¼ cup fresh chopped pineapple, or canned crushed pineapple (drained)
- 2 ounces light, silver, or white rum
- juice of 1 lime (about 1 ounce)
- 2 teaspoons granulated sugar
- 1 sprig fresh cilantro
- Place all the ingredients in the pitcher of a blender.
- Blend until smooth and serve immediately.
Make sure you’ve got your fridge and bar cabinet stocked with these few ingredients, so that when 5 o’clock rolls around, you can be sipping on this summery cocktail!
And don’t forget to check out all the fun recipes my Mystery Dish pals came up with this month:
1. Easy Flourless Chocolate Cake by Culinary Couture
2. Pineapple Cashew Quinoa “Fried Rice” by Blahnik Baker
3. Chili Lime Popcorn by The Pajama Chef
4. Cilantro Lime Hummus by The Weary Chef
5. Gluten Free White Bean Brownies by Yummy Healthy Easy
6. Homemade Popcorn with Cilantro Lime Butter by The Well Floured Kitchen
7. Tex-Mex Chickpea Salad by Joyful Healthy Eats
8. Quinoa Salad with Asparagus and Tomato by Chez Catey Lou
9. Key Lime Pie Popcorn by I Dig Pinterest
10. Turkey Sausage Breakfast Casserole by I Want Crazy
11. Frozen Pineapple Cilantro Mojito by Baking a Moment
12. Pretzel Caramel Crunch by The Dessert Chronicles
So fun, right?
PS- Here is a link to my favorite kind of citrus reamer. I love this kind because it gets out SO. much. juice. And here is the kind of blender I have. The motor is a monster and it obliterates ice into the silkiest smoothest fluff you could ever want 😉
This post was featured on the I’m Lovin’ It Link Party on Tidy Mom.
*This post contains affiliate links. It is not a sponsored post. All opinions expressed here are straight from my heart.*