Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Stuffed Banana Bread
Banana bread is good, but chocolate peanut butter cheesecake stuffed banana bread is off the charts!
And just like that, we went from summer to back-to-school.
Last week it was full-on vacation for us, with days spent on the beach and nights on the boardwalk. So much fun. So relaxing. So great to soak up sunshine and bliss out with a mind free from worry or care. We couldn’t have asked for a nicer week and I feel so blessed and thankful to have been able to share that time with my family.
Now, we’ve less than a week until school starts and a mile-long list of things to accomplish before that. Talk about a complete turnaround!
But I’m totally ok with it. I’m ready. As much as I hate to say goodbye to summer, I always welcome the structure and activity that comes with back-to-school. My kids have no day camp this week and by the time it’s over, they’ll be itching to see their friends and teachers again.
And I’m itching to get back to baking warm, comforting treats.
Banana bread is such a classic and I love baking up a tall loaf, especially when the weather is a little cooler. It’s so easy to make and it makes the whole house smell amazing. My kids get into it too- they love it toasted for breakfast or with a tall glass of milk as an after school snack.
For this recipe, my littlest joined me in the kitchen. I gave him the bananas to peel and mash while I measured out the other ingredients. He looked so proud to stir it all together and I caught him peeking through the oven window as it baked, and stealthily picking off a corner of the crunchy crust to nibble on as it was cooling.
We decided to stuff this banana bread with the most amazing creamy cheesecake filling, spiked with chocolate and peanut butter. I can’t think of anything else that tastes better with banana than chocolate and peanut butter. Seriously! It’s one of the best things ever.
And that thick ribbon of nutty, chocolate-y sweet cream cheese keeps the bread so moist. There is no need to butter this banana bread! You’ve got everything you could ever want in one slice, and then some!
I hope you’ll treat your loved ones to a loaf of chocolate peanut butter cheesecake stuffed banana bread in the next week or so- it’ll make this fun and special time even more so!
Be sure to check out the “Fun for Kids” category of my recipe index, for more great back-to-school ideas!
This post contains affiliate sales links.
Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake Stuffed Banana Bread
For the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake filling
- 6 ounces (170.1 g) cream cheese,, softened
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons peanut butter
- 2 tablespoons unsweetened cocoa powder, (I used a combination of regular and dark)
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.13 teaspoon) kosher salt
For the Banana Bread
- 2 cups (250 g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cups (150 g) granulated sugar
- 3/4 teaspoon (0.75 teaspoon) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) kosher salt
- 3 bananas, (very ripe)
- 3 tablespoons plain Greek yogurt
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 2 large eggs
- 6 tablespoons (88.72 g) unsalted butter,, melted and cooled slightly
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
To make the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake filling:
- Place the cream cheese, sugar, peanut butter, cocoa, and salt in a medium mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until well-incorporated and fluffy.
To make the Banana Bread:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and mist a 1.5-quart loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Place the flour, sugar, baking soda, and salt in a large mixing bowl and whisk to combine.
- Peel the bananas and place them in a medium mixing bowl.
- Mash them with a fork until only a few small lumps remain.
- Stir in the Greek yogurt, milk, eggs, melted butter, and vanilla.
- Gently fold the liquid ingredients into the dry, until just barely combined.
- Place about 2/3 of the batter in the prepared pan.
- Layer with the Chocolate Peanut Butter Cheesecake filling, then top with the remaining banana bread batter.
- Bake for 60-75 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the thickest part of the bread comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Allow to cool slightly in the pan, then remove and cool completely on a wire rack before slicing.
I have never been able to have a banana bread turn out well… I thought I would give it one more try. I used a 1.5 quart loaf pan and not more than 15 minutes into the baking time… it was like a volcano was in the oven. Banana bread batter pouring over the sides. What could I have done wrong? Isn’t banana bread supposed to be one of the easier things to bake? Very frustrating.
I can’t imagine why it would do that William… Was this the recipe you were using? Is it possible your oven runs hotter than it should?
So I tried the Perfect Banana Bread Recipe and it came out great! It took me a long time to figure out… Need to use a metal loaf pan. I have always been using glass. Going to try this again when the girls come home from college.
Okay this is seriously one of the most delicious things I’ve ever heard of!
There is something about banana bread baking in the oven..just love it..especially with chocolate and peanut butter! 🙂
It makes the whole house smell home-y and delicious! Thanks so much Heather!
This is just a great idea hun. Having that peanut butter right there in the middle is amazing!!!
Thank you so much sweetie! I’m so happy you like the idea. Hope you’re having a great day!
This sounds amazing–the cheesecake filling is calling my name!
Also I HEAR you on the school thing! I am counting down the days until the house is quiet again. 🙂
Ugh I know! It’s so hard to get any work done. I’m about to give up and just fall behind. Hopefully I can get caught back up again in a week! Thanks so much for the sweet comment Elizabeth and good luck! 🙂
I’m usually a purist when it comes to banana bread, but this recipe knocks my socks off. chocolate and pb is one of my favorite combinations and stuffed into banana bread? yes!!!
Oh yay! I’m so happy you like this idea Cathy! At first I was planning on doing just a basic banana bread recipe but I just couldn’t resist fancy-ing it up, lol!
Chocolate peanut butter cheesecake is my favorite dessert- for real. And stuffed INSIDE banana bread?? Holy moly. Love it.
Hooray! I’m so glad you liked this Medha! I hear you- chocolate and peanut butter are so good and even better with banana 😀
Banana bread with a creamy cheesecake filling, spiked with chocolate and peanut butter?!!!! This is fabulous!!!! love this flavor combo and it looks so good!!!! the perfect breakfast or snack!!!
The flavor combo is so out of this world! So glad you agree- thanks Alice!
I can hardly believe this is real….but I really need it to be since my life won’t be complete until I’ve tried it!!!!
Girl- you’ve just gotta make it! I’m sure you won’t be disappointed 🙂 My whole family is going nuts for it right now!