Dark Chocolate Almond Superfood Bark
This Dark Chocolate Almond Superfood Bark is loaded with good-for-you ingredients like matcha, goji berries, and chia seeds! It’s gluten-free and makes a perfect homemade holiday gift! Plus an awesome giveaway for all you last-minute gift-givers.
Hey guys! I can’t believe we’re only a week away from Christmas already! I am soooo behind it’s not even funny.
The next few weeks are going to be pretty quiet around here; I’ve decided to take a little time off so that I can regroup and come back bettah than EVAH in 2016!! But before I say bye, I wanted to go out with a bang!
I’ve got an awesome homemade gift recipe, plus a video!
But first let’s talk bark. Bark is about the easiest homemade gift you can give, for reals. If you’ve got 5 minutes, you can make bark. And who doesn’t love chocolate???
Well, in my family there are quite a few who don’t. Actually, it’s not that they don’t like it, it’s that they’re perpetually preoccupied with their health. Darn health, always getting in the way of my treat-giving!
This is the answer. It’s loaded with just about every kind of superfood I could squeeze in there. Dark chocolate (antioxidants), matcha (polyphenols), almonds (protein and healthy fats), goji berries (vitamin C), and chia seeds (I feel healthier just looking at them). Plus it’s pretty red and green for Christmas!
I could go on and on but really there’s no need because there’s this video that says it all. Check it out below!
This Dark Chocolate Almond Superfood Bark is loaded with good-for-you ingredients like matcha, goji berries, and chia seeds! It’s gluten-free and makes a perfect homemade holiday gift!
- Break the dark chocolate into small pieces and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 15 second increments, stirring, until melted and smooth.
- Transfer the melted chocolate to a parchment-lined baking sheet, and spread into a thin layer.
- Break the white chocolate into small pieces and place in a microwave-safe bowl. Microwave in 15 second increments, stirring until melted and smooth.
- Stir in the matcha powder until well-blended. (If the mixture seems stiff, add up to 2 teaspoons oil to thin it.)
- Drizzle the mixture over the dark chocolate.
- Sprinkle with almonds, goji berries, and chia seeds.
- Allow the mixture to cool and harden, then break into large shards and enjoy!