Plum Biscoff Shortcakes
Moist, tender Biscoff scones are slathered with cookie butter and juicy summer plums. Topped with softly whipped cream, plum Biscoff shortcakes make a toasty, subtly spiced late summer dessert.
I’ve been thinking about this flavor combination for weeks.
I don’t know what it is about plums, but for some reason I always want to pair them with spice.
Last year I made coffee cake with plums and walnut cardamom streusel.
It was, omg. Yum. Tough one to top, I gotta tell ya.
But these are giving it a run for its money.
Yes, you read that right.
They are actually scones, which is, I guess, technically a shortcake. They are a snap to throw together and the Biscoff flavor’s like whoa.
If you are a Biscoff cookie butter lover, these shortcakes have your name written all over them.
Why shouldn’t we just slather them with a thick layer of… more Biscoff?!?
I mean, come on…
Those luscious summer plums are a sweet/tart counterpoint to the toasty-creamy, faintly autumn-spiced cookie butter… with a dollop of airy, subtly sweet whipped cream like a light, soft cloud.
Might I suggest macerating the plums in a little brown sugar and brandy? I would have, had I not been in such an almighty hurry to stuff them into my hungry mouth.
The tender, caramelly Biscoff shortcakes, layered with summer-sweet plums and whipped cream, are the perfect dessert to help ease you into the cooler months!
*This post was featured on Made From Pinterest’s Share It Sunday Link Party*
As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Plum Biscoff Shortcakes
For the Biscoff Shortcakes:
To Make the Biscoff Shortcakes:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F.
- Combine the first 5 (dry) ingredients in a large bowl.
- Cut the cold butter into the dry ingredients until it resembles coarse meal. (A few pea-sized pieces of butter may remain.)
- Place the Biscoff, cream, and egg in a small bowl and mix until smooth.
- Pour in the biscoff, cream, and egg mixture, and stir to combine.
- Knead the dough until it's just come together into a ball.
- Pat the dough to a thickness of ¾-inch, and cut rounds with a 3-inch diameter biscuit cutter.
- Place the shortcakes on a parchment-lined baking sheet, and bake for 20 minutes or until puffed and lightly golden.
To Make the Filling:
- Macerate the sliced plums in brown sugar and brandy (if using) for about one hour or up to overnight.
- Whip the cream until fluffy, add the powdered sugar, and continue to whip until soft peak stage.
To Assemble the Plum Biscoff Shortcakes:
- Split each shortcake in half horizontally.
- Spread bottom half with about a tablespoon of Biscoff cookie butter.
- Layer on the macerated plums, and top with a dollop of whipped cream.
- Place the other half on top, and garnish with additional whipped cream and plums.