S’mores Ice Cream Bars
Everyone’s favorite summer treat just got a cool makeover! Rich homemade chocolate ice cream subs for the candy bar in these S’mores ice cream bars!
Oh my gosh you guys. Whoa.
Can you even? S’mores ice cream bars! I kid you not.
I’m talking crunchy graham crackers, fluffy, homemade toasty marshmallow, and the most amazing, rich, chocolate ice cream, made from scratch.
It doesn’t get any better. For realz.
You are going to want to bookmark this recipe, I’m telling ya. Click on over to KitchenAid’s blog, the Kitchenthusiast, to see the full step by step!
Love ya to pieces! xoxo
As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
S'mores Ice Cream Bars
Everyone’s favorite summer treat just got a cool makeover! Rich homemade chocolate ice cream subs for the candy bar in these s’mores ice cream bars!
For the chocolate ice cream
- 1/2 cup (118.29 ml) milk
- 4 egg yolks, (large)
- 1/2 cup (100 g) sugar
- 1/4 cup (21.5 g) cocoa powder
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 ounces (56.7 g) semisweet chocolate, , melted
- 1 1/2 cups (354.88 ml) heavy cream
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
For the marshmallow meringue
- 1 egg white, (large)
- 1/3 cup (66.67 g) granulated sugar, , divided
- 3 tablespoons light corn syrup
- 1 1/2 teaspoons water
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the chocolate coating
- 6 ounces (170.1 g) semisweet chocolate, , melted
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil, (Use expeller pressed coconut oil for the most neutral flavor)
For the s'mores ice cream bars
- 9 graham crackers,, broken in half and divided
For the chocolate ice cream:
- Place the canister of an ice cream in the freezer overnight.
- Pour the milk into a small pot and place over medium heat.
- Combine the egg yolks, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- When the milk is hot and there are small bubbles forming around the edges, begin adding a little at a time to the yolk mixture, while stirring.
- Add in the melted chocolate, pour the mixture back into the pot, and cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened.
- Strain the custard into a heat safe bowl, stir in the heavy cream and vanilla, and refrigerate overnight.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and arrange half the graham crackers on top.
- Churn the ice cream mixture in the prepared bowl for 15-30 minutes, or until it’s the consistency of soft-serve. Layer it in the prepared pan (over the graham crackers), and freeze solid.
For the marshmallow meringue:
- Place the egg white in a large mixing bowl and whip on medium speed until frothy.
- Gradually add 1 tablespoon of the sugar, while continuing to whip. Once all the sugar has been incorporated, turn the speed up to high and whip until stiff and glossy.
- Place the remaining sugar, water, and corn syrup in a medium pot and heat over medium high heat, swirling the pot occasionally, until it reaches a temperature of 240 degrees F.
- Slowly and carefully pour the hot syrup into the meringue in a thin stream, while whipping.
- Add vanilla, and pipe or spoon the mixture onto the remaining graham crackers.
- Toast with a brulee torch, or for a few minutes under the broiler.
For the chocolate coating:
- Stir the coconut oil into the melted chocolate.
To assemble the s’mores ice cream bars:
- Remove the chocolate ice cream layer from the pan and trim with a knife.
- Sandwich the toasted marshmallow meringue graham crackers on top and insert popsicle sticks, if using.
- Dip the ice cream sandwiches in the chocolate coating, chill briefly, and serve.
For more info on the ice cream, click here: Simply Perfect Chocolate Ice Cream. Or try this No-Churn Chocolate Ice Cream for an easy shortcut.
Calories: 506kcal, Carbohydrates: 52g, Protein: 6g, Fat: 32g, Saturated Fat: 19g, Cholesterol: 144mg, Sodium: 163mg, Potassium: 266mg, Fiber: 3g, Sugar: 38g, Vitamin A: 730IU, Vitamin C: 1mg, Calcium: 81mg, Iron: 3mg
Tried this recipe?Mention @bakingamoment on Instagram or tag #bakingamoment.
Uhm, why did I look at this at breakfast time?! Please excuse me while I wipe the drool off my screen. These look amazing Allie! Pinned 🙂
And looking forward to meeting you at the BHG Style event in NYC in a few weeks!
Same here, Chris! I’m so excited for the event and I’m looking forward to meeting you too! Thank you so much for stopping by and for the sweet comment, and the pin! 😀
WHAAAAAAAAT!!!!!!!??? I.CAN’T.EVEN.!!!!!!!!!!!!! This is like a mega s’mores celebration and I want to eat like a dozen of these back to back (don’t even care about the brain-freeze) !! Heading over RIGHT AWAY to get the recipe! *_* ^_^
Yay! Thank you sweetie! I’m so happy you like them- they were a big hit around my house 😉
These are fabulous. . on so many levels . . LOVE!
Aw thank you Alice! They were gone in a matter of days, lol!
Holy cow those look absolutely delicious! What a creative recipe 🙂
Happy Valley Chow
Thanks Eric! My family loooooved them 😉
These are too darn cute! A perfect summer treat. You always have your finger perfectly on the pulse, Allie 🙂
Ha ha you’re too sweet Nora! I just go wherever my sugar cravings lead me, lol ;P
Holy smokes, I love these, Allie!!! They look incredible especially with the half dipped chocolate and sound so good right now! Pinning 🙂
Yay! Thank you so much for pinning; I’m so happy you like them! <3
Omg, Allie! I am in love with these. Definitely clicking over to see the recipe! 🙂
I had a feeling you might like these Beth! We are kindred s’mores spirits ;P
Totally dying over these. They look so delicious! Pinned!
Yay! I’m so glad you like them, Liz! Thanks so much for reading, pinning, and for the sweet comment!
You’ve done good with these my friend! I want eat one now and it’s only 7 am. 🙂
So glad I’ve got the Carmel Moments seal of approval ;P Thanks Melanie! Hope you’re enjoying these last few weeks of summer!
I need one of these! They look absolutely amazing!
Thanks Jess! They were definitely a big hit around our house 😉
Just got back from a long day at the water park with my boys and I saw this. Now I can’t stop thinking about it. I need a few of these tonight!!
Aw that’s awesome Matt! We’re doing the waterpark this Saturday. One last hurrah before school starts… Where the heck did summer go???
HOLYYYYYYY HEAVENS! This is an EPIC, AMAZING, DELICIOUS, NECESSARYYY recipe!!!!
Haha, thank you Kayle! I’m so happy you liked it so much! You’re too sweet… 😉
Those look fabulous! Love that they are dipped in chocolate, that makes everything better 🙂
Oh yes chocolate dip is an absolute must! I’m so happy you like, June Baby! Thanks for the sweet comment 😉
Heading over to pin it right now! What a great summery treat! 🙂
Thank you so much! I’m so happy you like it and thanks for pinning too 😉