S’mores Ice Cream Bars
Everyone’s favorite summer treat just got a cool makeover! Rich homemade chocolate ice cream subs for the candy bar in these S’mores ice cream bars!
Oh my gosh you guys. Whoa.
Can you even? S’mores ice cream bars! I kid you not.
I’m talking crunchy graham crackers, fluffy, homemade toasty marshmallow, and the most amazing, rich, chocolate ice cream, made from scratch.
It doesn’t get any better. For realz.
You are going to want to bookmark this recipe, I’m telling ya. Click on over to KitchenAid’s blog, the Kitchenthusiast, to see the full step by step!
Love ya to pieces! xoxo
As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
S'mores Ice Cream Bars
For the chocolate ice cream
For the marshmallow meringue
For the chocolate coating
For the s'mores ice cream bars
- 9 graham crackers,, broken in half and divided
For the chocolate ice cream:
- Place the canister of an ice cream in the freezer overnight.
- Pour the milk into a small pot and place over medium heat.
- Combine the egg yolks, sugar, cocoa, and salt in a large mixing bowl.
- When the milk is hot and there are small bubbles forming around the edges, begin adding a little at a time to the yolk mixture, while stirring.
- Add in the melted chocolate, pour the mixture back into the pot, and cook over medium heat, stirring, until thickened.
- Strain the custard into a heat safe bowl, stir in the heavy cream and vanilla, and refrigerate overnight.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment and arrange half the graham crackers on top.
- Churn the ice cream mixture in the prepared bowl for 15-30 minutes, or until it’s the consistency of soft-serve. Layer it in the prepared pan (over the graham crackers), and freeze solid.
For the marshmallow meringue:
- Place the egg white in a large mixing bowl and whip on medium speed until frothy.
- Gradually add 1 tablespoon of the sugar, while continuing to whip. Once all the sugar has been incorporated, turn the speed up to high and whip until stiff and glossy.
- Place the remaining sugar, water, and corn syrup in a medium pot and heat over medium high heat, swirling the pot occasionally, until it reaches a temperature of 240 degrees F.
- Slowly and carefully pour the hot syrup into the meringue in a thin stream, while whipping.
- Add vanilla, and pipe or spoon the mixture onto the remaining graham crackers.
- Toast with a brulee torch, or for a few minutes under the broiler.
For the chocolate coating:
- Stir the coconut oil into the melted chocolate.
To assemble the s’mores ice cream bars:
- Remove the chocolate ice cream layer from the pan and trim with a knife.
- Sandwich the toasted marshmallow meringue graham crackers on top and insert popsicle sticks, if using.
- Dip the ice cream sandwiches in the chocolate coating, chill briefly, and serve.