Strawberry Rose Chocolate Verrines
Rich and creamy chocolate mousse is topped with a sweet and floral strawberry rosewater sauce, for a romantic dessert that’s perfect for Valentine’s Day. This easy, no-bake dessert comes together in minutes and is naturally gluten-free.
Lots of fun possibilities, right?
I ended up using chocolate, cream, strawberries, and rosewater.
It looks kinda fancy, doesn’t it? It’s totally not! I swear, this dessert is a snap to make!
The chocolate layer whips up in about 2 minutes flat. I made it in the blender! The recipe I used called it a mousse, but I found the texture to be really dense and fudgy, more like a truffle or pot de crème. If you lay your champagne flutes on their sides, in a bowl, you can pour in the mousse and set it in the fridge for this cool diagonal effect.
Once the chocolate is set up, the strawberry sauce is as simple as stirring a few drops of rosewater into some strawberry preserves. Spoon the syrupy sweet mixture over the chocolate and top with softly whipped cream.
I found my rosewater at a regular grocery store. It wasn’t a specialty food store, but it was a little more upscale. It was in the ethnic foods section. It’s often used in Indian and middle eastern cooking. If you can’t find it at the supermarket, maybe try an Asian grocery. Or you could order it from this source.
You only need a few drops to bring a subtle floral note to the strawberries that is so lovely.
Talk about romantic!
This is a perfect dessert for a romantic Valentines Day dinner at home. It’s so easy to make, so you’ll have lots of time to spend with your sweetie.
This is a perfect dessert for a romantic Valentine’s Day dinner at home. It’s so easy to make, so you’ll have lots of time to spend with your sweetie.
1. Carmelitas by Pass the Cocoa
2. Strawberry Champagne Cupcake Trifles by The Dessert Chronicles
3. Strawberry Orange Stuffed French Toast by I Dig Pinterest
4. Strawberry Orange Ice Cream with Chocolate Chips by Joyful Healthy Eats
5. Chocolate Strawberry Pudding by See Hubby Cook
6. Chocolate Doughnuts with Strawberry Cream Cheese Icing by Chez CateyLou
7. Champorado (Filipino Chocolate Rice Pudding) by The Pajama Chef
8. Whole Wheat Orange Scones with Vanilla Cream Glaze by The Well Floured Kitchen
9. Chocolate-Filled Cream Puffs with Strawberry Sauce by Culinary Couture
10. Red Velvet Beet Cupcakes by Yummy Healthy Easy
11. Chocolate Covered Strawberry Milkshake by I Want Crazy
12. Strawberry Rose Chocolate Verrines by Baking a Moment
Be sure to pop over and say hi! And give a warm welcome to our guest posters this month, Monica and Caroline of Pass the Cocoa.
Now, on a bit of a sad note, this also marks the final month that our friend and Mystery Dish founder, See Hubby Cook, will be joining us. Maybe I shouldn’t say sad, because they are truly on to bigger and better things, and I couldn’t be happier for them. But they will certainly be missed among the group, and I just want to give a heartfelt thank you to Dani and JT for bringing this group together and allowing me to be a part of it. I’m so grateful for all the fun and friends it’s brought me, and I wish you guys all the best with your adoption! Life with a little one is such a fun adventure!
As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Rich and creamy chocolate mousse is topped with a sweet and floral strawberry rosewater sauce, for a romantic dessert that's perfect for valentine's day. This easy, no-bake dessert comes together in minutes and is naturally gluten-free.
- Stir the strawberry preserves together with the rosewater, and set aside.
- Heat the cream until simmering.
- Place chocolate chips, egg, and vanilla extract into a blender and blend for 30 seconds.
- Remove the center of the blender lid, and slowly pour the hot cream in, while the machine is running. Blend until well mixed and chocolate chips are melted.
- Pour into glasses and chill until set.
- Whip the cream and sugar together until soft peaks form.
Spoon the strawberry rose sauce over the chilled chocolate mousse, and top with whipped cream.
Garnish with fresh strawberries.