Black Forest Waffle Sundaes and a Giveaway!
Celebrate summer with these sinful black forest waffle sundaes! Loaded with chocolate, topped with sweet vanilla bean ice cream, and drizzled with a homemade black cherry sauce. You’ll love this no-bake recipe!
You guys it’s my blog birthday!!
I know I confused the heck outta y’all when I did that Amazon giveaway the other week. But that was not for me. That was for my friend. Our blog-iversaries are right around the same time, but today it’s mine!
Boy two years. I sure have learned a lot in two years. A lot, about a lot of things. This is probably going to sound a little woo-woo but I really think that blogging has helped me to find myself. Before I started with all of this, I was doing a lot of things, trying to please a lot of people. I’m not saying there’s anything wrong with that. I think it’s a necessity of life, really. I mean sometimes, especially when you’re a new mom, you just gotta roll with it and let your own needs/wants fall by the wayside. If you don’t you’ll end up feeling a whole lotta frustrated. But now I’m past that stage, and blogging has helped me to settle into a more balanced and intentional way of life.
And to be honest, I think to a lot of people (in my non-blogging world) my compulsive need to be creative has been viewed as a bit odd. It’s been such a blessing to “find a home,” so to speak, in this community and with all of you like-minded people.
So, I’m so happy to have found this. Thank you to you all for helping to keep me going. It’s a lot of fun in and of itself, but I never would have hung in there for so long if not for the support and encouragement I’ve gotten from you guys. I’m so grateful to be here and to have made so many incredible connections. I have another giveaway for you at the bottom of the post, to show my appreciation, but for now lets talk dessert 😉
Cherries, man. They’re totally my jam. Summer cherries! I wait all year for them. So sweet and juicy, the only thing that could possibly improve upon fresh black cherries is chocolate. And these homemade waffles have got plenty of it. The batter itself is chocolate and then there are also mini chips, which turn into gooey pockets of melty chocolate when the waffles are fresh off the iron.
If you don’t want to be that last minute about it, don’t worry. I made my waffles and sauce in the afternoon and then just warmed them through before scooping on some vanilla ice cream and topping with this luscious cherry sauce. It was phenomenal, to say the least. The waffles are so light and airy, but with such deep, rich flavor.
Thanks for hanging in with me these last two years! It’s been such a great journey and I’m so looking forward to year 3!
This post contains affiliate sales links.
Black Forest Waffle Sundaes
For the Cherry Sauce
For the Double Chocolate Waffles
- 1 1/2 cups (187.5 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (43 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 cup (180 g) mini semisweet chocolate chips
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups (366 ml) milk
- 1/3 cup (75.67 g) unsalted butter,, melted and slightly cooled
- 2 large eggs
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 4 cups (528 g) vanilla ice cream
To make the Cherry Sauce:
- Place the cherries and sugar in a small pot and set over medium-low heat.
- Simmer, stirring occasionally, for about 10 minutes or until syrupy.
To make the Double Chocolate Waffles:
- Preheat the waffle baker and mist lightly with non-stick spray.
- Place the flour, cocoa, chocolate chips, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Whisk the milk, melted butter, eggs, and vanilla together in a large liquid measuring cup.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry, and stir just until combined.
- Place a cup of the batter into each side of the waffle baker, and bake for 3 minutes and 45 seconds.
- Top with vanilla ice cream and drizzle with cherry sauce.