Cheddar Chive Biscuits
Make these cheddar chive biscuits to go with your dinner tonight- they’re light as can be, and full of so much cheese-y goodness!
Hey there how are you? Still enjoying summer?
Tomorrow we are heading down the shore, for our big yearly family vacation. I feel like the summer has sped by, and I’ve barely had a chance to enjoy it, so I’m so grateful for this week! I can’t wait to just chill out, feel the ocean breeze, stare at the water, and be 100% present for my family.
Since we always enjoy the best seafood dinners when we’re down there, I’ve had cheddar chive biscuits on my mind.
I’ll never forget the year when my sweet 10-year old boy wanted so badly to go to Red Lobster for his birthday dinner. He had fallen under the spell of their tantalizing tv commercials, and was dying to try their legendary cheddar bay biscuits. They really are so good!
Well, we got there and he stuffed himself so full of those cheese-y biscuits, he nearly made himself sick! I kinda felt bad for him!
But I completely understood. There’s nothing better than a warm, fluffy biscuit, especially when it’s bursting with cheese-y goodness and loaded with garlic and chives. So much incredible flavor!
As you’ll see in the video below, they’re super simple to make. This is why I love biscuits so much. Just stir the flour together with leavening and seasonings, cut in butter, and stir together with buttermilk. Done!
The buttermilk gives the biscuits the most unbelievable tangy flavor, plus it activates the baking powder and makes the biscuits lighter than air and so fluffy! They are a dream come true with the flavorful garlic and fresh chives- such a killer combination of flavors!
So if you have a seafood dinner coming up (Or any dinner for that matter! These are great with barbecue too, or a bowl of chili, or steak… the possibilities are endless!), definitely whip up a batch of cheddar chive biscuits and take your meal to the next level!
Oh and by the way- since I’m gone all next week there won’t be any new recipes. But I do have a fun announcement and an awesome giveaway lined up, so stay tuned!
More great bread recipes on my “Bread Recipes” Pinterest board!
This post contains affiliate sales links.
Make these cheddar chive biscuits to go with your dinner tonight- they’re light as can be and full of so much cheese-y goodness!
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 1 1/2 teaspoons paprika
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup unsalted butter, cold
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh chives
- 1 cup buttermilk*
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees F, and line baking sheets with parchment paper.
- Place the flour, baking powder, garlic powder, paprika, and salt in a large bowl and stir to combine.
- Cut the butter into the flour mixture, until only pea-sized pieces remain.
- Stir in the shredded cheese and chives.
- Add the buttermilk, and stir until the dough gathers itself into a ball.
- Drop 1/4-cup sized balls of biscuit dough onto the prepared baking sheets, allowing a few inches in between for spreading.
- Bake for 8 to 12 minutes, or until golden brown on the bottoms.
- Serve warm.
*If you don’t have buttermilk, you can substitute by stirring 1 tablespoon of lemon juice or white vinegar into 1 cup of regular milk. Allow the mixture to stand for 5 minutes, or until thickened and slightly curdled.