Chestnut Praline Coffee Bundt Cake, and a Giveaway
This buttery Brown Sugar Bundt Cake is infused with Coffee, and drizzled with the most incredible Chestnut Praline Sauce! It’s perfect for the holiday season.
Hey everybody! I’m on an airplane to Chicago right now but before I left I took some time to make you this.
I heard that Starbucks is coming out with a new flavor latte. It’s due to roll out any day now, and it’s the first time they’ve come up with a new holiday flavor in five years. They’re predicting it’s going to give the PSL a run for its money!
So I thought I’d be the first to jump on the CPL train and make a Chestnut Praline cake 😉
Really I just thought it sounded totally amazing and perfect for this time of year. Plus I had this gorgeous Simax glass bundt pan from MightyNest just begging to be used. They issued the “Bake Your Bundt Off” challenge, and I accepted! Make sure you scroll all the way to the bottom of this post because I’m giving one away to a lucky reader! Along with a few other really beautiful and useful items.
I should tell you about MightyNest! It’s a great site that specializes in household products that are organic and non-toxic. So, no BPA, PVC, phthalates, lead, melamine, formaldehyde, flame retardants, parabens or any of that scary stuff. They’re so great. And, they donate 15% of your every purchase back to the school of your choice. They have a goal to raise $1 million for schools across the country this year! So check out MightyNest for all sorts of kitchen stuff, cleaning supplies, bath and body, baby, and garden items.
Now for the cake! This is a brown sugar bundt cake that’s infused with coffee flavor. And you’re going to top it with the most incredible chestnut praline sauce. It dribbles all down the sides and forms sticky pools of delicious, bourbon-y goodness.
I’m imagining this cake all wrapped up in cellophane, with a jar of the praline sauce tucked in the middle. What a great gift! Or you could just serve it as a dessert for Thanksgiving dinner or at a holiday party…
Chestnut Praline Coffee Bundt Cake
This buttery Brown Sugar Bundt Cake is infused with Coffee, and drizzled with the most incredible Chestnut Praline Sauce! It's perfect for the holiday season.
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 cup strongly brewed coffee or espresso, cooled
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 tablespoon vanilla bean paste or extract
- 1 1/2 cups unsalted butter, softened
- 2 1/2 cups loosely packed light brown sugar
- 5 large eggs
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup water
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 2 tablespoons bourbon whiskey
- 2 cups roughly chopped chestnuts, roasted and peeled (or one 7.4 ounce jar)
- To Make the Brown Sugar Coffee Cake:
To Make the Chestnut Praline Sauce:
- Liberally mist a 12-cup bundt pan with non-stick spray, and dust with flour.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Place the flour, salt, and baking powder in a bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
- Place the coffee, cream, and vanilla in a spouted vessel and set aside.
- Cream the butter and brown sugar on medium-high speed, until pale and fluffy (about 5 minutes).
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula after each addition.
- Add a third of the flour mixture and stir to combine.
- Stir in half the coffee mixture, followed by another third of the flour mixture.
- Pour in the remaining coffee mixture, stir, and then finish with the remaining flour mixture.
- Transfer the batter into the prepared pan and bake for 1 hour and 10 minutes, or until a bamboo skewer inserted in the thickest part of the cake comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool for 30 minutes, then invert onto a serving plate. Top with Chestnut Praline Sauce.
- Place the sugar and water in a medium-sized pot. Cook over medium high heat until amber-colored.
- Whisk in the cream and salt. Continue to cook until no lumps remain.
- Remove from the heat and stir in the bourbon and chestnuts.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 8323kcal Calories from fat 3567|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 396g||609%|
|Saturated Fat 239g||1195%|
|Dietary Fiber 11g||44%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|
I just used jarred chestnuts from my local supermarket. They’re usually on the same shelf with the pie fillings and stuff. You could use freshly roasted chestnuts though too! You’re going to love the flavor. Chestnuts are just so holiday, right?
If the new Chestnut Praline Latte is half as good as this cake, I think we’re all in for a treat!
And now for the giveaway! I’m so grateful to MightyNest for providing me with one of these fabulous prize packs to gift to a reader:
… and along with these items MightyNest has also pledged to give $100 to the winner’s school!