Need an easy homemade gift? These chocolate malt truffles are sure to please! You’ll love the rich malt flavor and smooth chocolate ganache. Be sure to scroll all the way to the bottom of this post, for a fun cookbook giveaway!
How is it going so far? Are you getting into the holiday spirit?
I have to admit that I still haven’t done anything yet. As excited as I am for the Christmas season to finally be here, all I have managed so far is to bake, bake, and bake some more.
We are planning on putting up our tree this weekend, and hopefully I can get around to some shopping soon. But as of right now, I’m just trying to get ahead on recipes so that (hopefully!) I can take a little time away from the blog at the end of the month and just enjoy.
There’s lots of good stuff on the way! Starting with these chocolate malt truffles.
Omg chocolate malt. It’s one of the best things ever, in my opinion. I mean, if chocolate is the best thing ever, then chocolate malt is just next level. Right? There’s just something about that flavor, it makes chocolate even more rich and delicious.
That’s why, when I saw this recipe in Jen’s new book, The Gourmet Kitchen, I was all over it. All the way over it.
I’m sure you already know Jen, and her gorgeous recipe site Savory Simple. She’s internet famous, after all. I could not wait to get my hands on her book, because I already know her recipes are top-notch and her photography is drool-worthy. Well, of course the book is sheer perfection.
It features all sorts of recipes, from homemade stocks to seasonal salads to unique sides and savory mains, all gorgeously photographed and utterly tempting. But you know me. I’m all about the sweets. I toyed with the idea of making Spiced Plum Butter, or Spiked Hot Chocolate with Salted Caramel Whipped Cream, but ultimately settled on these chocolate malt truffles.
I think they’d make such a fun holiday gift! Plus they’re stupid simple to make. It’s literally only minutes of active time, and the result is so smooth, rich, and full of deep chocolate flavor.
Pop a few in a little jar or pretty box and you have a homemade gift that’s sure to put a smile on your loved one’s face.
Chocolate Malt Truffles
Need an easy homemade gift? These chocolate malt truffles are sure to please! You'll love the rich malt flavor and smooth chocolate ganache.
Yield: 15 to 30 truffles, depending on size
- Place the chocolate in a medium bowl and set aside.
- To form the ganache, heat the cream in a small saucepan over medium-high heat. As it begins to simmer, whisk in the malt powder, stirring until evenly combined. Once the cream has come to a boil, remove from heat and pour over the chocolate. Allow the mixture to sit for 2 to 3 minutes. With a heatproof spatula, stir until the chocolate has melted completely and the mixture is combined.
- Allow the ganache to cool slightly, then cover the bowl with a towel and chill in the refrigerator for 3 hours or overnight.
- In a small bowl, whisk the cocoa powder and malt powder for the topping.
- Use a tablespoon to scoop out some ganache and quickly roll into a ball. Body heat will cause the ganache to start melting quickly; kitchen gloves will provide a barrier and make the rolling process easier. Toss in the topping and set aside. Repeat until all of the chocolate has been used.
- The truffles will soften as they warm, so keep them refrigerated before serving.
And I have a gift for you today too! One lucky reader will get their own copy of The Gourmet Kitchen, just enter using the widget below:
Be sure to check out The Gourmet Kitchen: Recipes from the creator of Savory Simple, on Amazon!
And follow my “Candy Recipes” Pinterest Board for lots more fun candy recipes!
This post contains affiliate sales links.