Chocolate Raspberry Madeleines
Chocolate raspberry Madeleines: light, cake-y, and so pretty. Baked with a fresh raspberry and filled with rich chocolate ganache!
This is a sponsored post, written by me and created in partnership with White Lily Flour. All opinions expressed herein are straight from my heart.
I’ve got another fun Valentine’s Day treat for you today! Chocolate raspberry Madeleines!
I just love this holiday. To me, it’s a perfect excuse to bake up a homemade treat for your sweetheart. And what could be better than something chocolate, pink, and beautiful to look at?
Madeleines are a classic French pastry. They’re the size of a cookie, but really they’re much more like a cake. That seashell shape you see above is their hallmark. Isn’t it pretty? Just a little fancier than your everyday cookie or cupcake. A perfect way to let someone special know just how much you care about them.
The best thing about these chocolate raspberry Madeleines is how light and airy they are. When you’re making them, you want to do your best to incorporate as much air as possible. There isn’t any other leavening besides the eggs, so they get all their “lift” from whipping and carefully folding.
With recipes like this one, it’s even more important than ever to use the best ingredients you can get your hands on- especially when it comes to the flour. White Lily flour is my flour of choice. I love it because it’s made from 100% soft red winter wheat. This really helps to create light-textured and fluffy baked goods every time.
White Lily has always been a staple ingredient for Southern bakers, but guess what? I live in the Philadelphia area and I can get it in my regular supermarket. It’s sweeping the nation, lol! Check out their store finder to find it in a store near you, or just order it online.
I hope you’ll whip up a batch of these chocolate raspberry Madeleines for someone you love! They’re so light, fluffy, and chocolate-y, and that ganache-filled raspberry makes them even more special!
Looking for more great holiday recipe ideas? Be sure to follow my “Holiday” board on Pinterest!
This post contains affiliate sales links.
Chocolate Raspberry Madeleines
- 2 ounces (56.7 g) semi-sweet chocolate,, chopped
- 1/4 cup (59.5 ml) heavy whipping cream
- 2/3 cup (133.33 g) granulated sugar
- 3 large eggs
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (93.75 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (43 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 10 tablespoons (147.87 g) unsalted butter,, melted and cooled slightly
- 24 fresh raspberries
- Place the chopped chocolate in a small bowl.
- Heat the cream until just barely simmering, and pour it over the chocolate. Allow to stand for 5 minutes, then stir with a silicone spatula until smooth. Cool the ganache until thick and spreadable.
- Place the sugar, eggs, and salt in a mixing bowl and whip on medium-high speed until doubled in volume, and very pale and thick (5 to 10 minutes).
- Stir in the vanilla extract.
- Sift the flour and cocoa powder together, and add the mixture alternately with the melted butter, folding gently so the batter loses as little volume as possible.
- Refrigerate the batter (covered), for 45 minutes or until thickened.
- Butter a madeleine pan generously, and refrigerate for 10 minutes.
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Scoop the batter into the prepared pan, filling each well about 3/4 full.
- Set a fresh raspberry (stem side up) into the center of each madeleine.
- Bake for 12-14 minutes, or until slightly crisp around the edges.
- Cool in the pan for several minutes, then transfer to a wire rack to cool completely.
- Using a pastry bag fitted with a #5 tip, pipe a small amount of ganache into the cavity of each raspberry.
- Turn the madeleines over and dust with powdered sugar, for garnish.
These look perfect! Pour me a cup of tea!
These might be the prettiest little cookie cakes I’ve ever seen!
These are perfect with the raspberries
Perfect for Valentine’s Day!
I love these flavors!
Madeleines are my favorite and those raspberries make these bite-size cookie look so cute.
I’m so happy you like them Linda! Thank you so much!
Lovely & delicious looking!
Wow, these look like such a decadent treat – the ganache-filled raspberries in the center are a lovely detail!
Thank you so much! I really thought they took them to the next level.
Allie, these madeleines look so delicious! I love the raspberries inside. What a great idea!
Thank you so much Julia! Hope you get a chance to make them sometime soon!