Coconut Lime Glazed Muffins
Tropical coconut and tart lime come together in these coconut lime glazed muffins. So quick and easy to make- perfect for a summer breakfast or brunch.
Hello, baking friends! Did you have a nice weekend? Wasn’t the weather just spectacular? Spring temperatures had a slow start this year, but I’m so happy that it hasn’t been one of those times where we go straight from cold Winter to hot Summer, with no real Spring in between. Here in the Philadelphia area, it’s been sunny and in the mid 70’s to 80’s, with low humidity. Doesn’t get much better than that, right?
Today I’m sharing a recipe that I developed for KitchenAid, with Father’s Day in mind. Can you believe it’s this coming weekend? Are you ready for it? I’ve got cards and gifts, and we’ll be heading to the Jersey shore to spend time with my husband’s family for a fun brunch.
The coconut love affair continues. And these coconut lime glazed muffins have made my coconut passion even more ardent.
Guys, this is one of the best things I think I’ve ever made. I based the recipe off of my Simply Perfect Blueberry Muffins (which are also fabulous, btw!), but gave it every coconut twist I could possibly think of. Seriously, the coconut flavor is so intense. There’s four different coconut components in the muffins. And the texture is just incredible. So unbelievably light, and tender, moist, with a delicate sweetness and that unmistakable creamy, tropical taste.
The lime glaze is unbelievable. So tart and citrusy! It gives such an amazing contrast, and I’m totally obsessed with this combination! Just like a perfect, portable breakfast bite of summer.
So click on over to The Kitchenthusiast to grab this fabulous recipe! It’ll be a great addition to your Father’s Day brunch menu 😉
As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Coconut Lime Glazed Muffins
For the muffins
For the glaze
- 1 cup (120 g) powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons lime juice, (juice of one fresh lime)
- 1 fresh lime,, sliced thinly (for garnish)
To make the muffins:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and lightly mist a muffin pan with non-stick spray, or line with cupcake papers.
- Place the flour, coconut, baking powder, salt, and lime zest in a large mixing bowl, and stir to combine.
- Place the sugar and coconut oil in another bowl, and whisk together until combined.
- Mix in the egg until incorporated.
- Slowly pour in the coconut milk and coconut extract, and stir until combined.
- Add the dry ingredients into the wet.
- Stir together until just barely combined. (Do not overmix, or the muffins could come out tough. Batter will be lumpy.)
- Place about 1/2 cup of batter into each well of the muffin pan, and bake for 5 minutes. Without opening the oven door, turn the temperature down to 350 degrees F and bake for an additional 15 minutes.
- Cool completely before glazing.
To glaze the muffins:
- Place the powdered sugar and lime juice in a small bowl and stir to combine.
- Dip the tops of the muffins in the glaze.
- Press a small slice of lime into the glaze for garnish.