Easy Chocolate Pudding Pie Jars from Scratch
You won’t believe how easy these chocolate pudding pie jars are to make! With a buttery graham cracker crust, a smooth, rich, and intensely chocolate-y homemade pudding, and a crown of fluffy real whipped cream, you’ll never go back to store-bought after tasting this from-scratch recipe!
Last week was a case of too many Father’s Day recipes and not enough time to share them all.
I did manage to squeeze three in, but this one was still nagging at me. The good news is, this is a treat that’s never wrong. You can have it any time of year and it always makes perfect sense.
I know it may seem kind of plain and not all that exciting, but my husband absolutely adores chocolate pudding pie.
I’m talking store bought graham cracker crust, pudding from a boxed mix, and non-dairy whipped topping. I couldn’t let Father’s Day go by without indulging his craving.
But don’t worry- I’m not telling you to make it like that. This is a thousand times better.
We are taking something plain and unexciting, and making it WOW!
It’s amazing how easy it is to make homemade pudding. For years I used the boxed stuff, without even thinking about it. Until one day my kids wanted pudding and we were fresh out. So I started throwing stuff in a pot and stirring it all together and boom. Pudding. It didn’t even take any longer to make than the mix.
I actually think it might even be quicker.
Ok so it takes a little longer to measure out the ingredients, but there’s ZERO wait time. It’s pudding before you even take it off the stove- no chilling required. Nice and smooth and thick and creamy, with a rich chocolate-y taste that will blow the other stuff right outta the water.
Add that to a crunchy, buttery graham cracker crust and top it with a dollop of real whipped cream, and you have a classic treat that’s on a whole different level. Nothing plain about it!
This post contains affiliate sales links.
You won't believe how easy these chocolate pudding pie jars are to make! With a buttery graham cracker crust, a smooth, rich, and intensely chocolate-y homemade pudding, and a crown of fluffy real whipped cream, you'll never go back to store-bought after tasting this from-scratch recipe!
- 3 graham crackers
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 3/4 cups heavy cream, whipped to soft peaks with 1 tablespoon granulated sugar.
- chocolate curls for garnish*
- Process the graham crackers in a food processor or mini-chopper until fine.
- Add the melted butter and toss together.
- Place about 1 1/2 tablespoons of the mixture in each of the bottoms of six 4-ounce jars.
- Place the sugar, cornstarch, and salt in a small pot and whisk to combine.
- Gradually pour in the milk, while whisking.
- Stir in the cream and add the butter.
- Heat over medium-high heat, whisking, until the mixture thickens and comes to a bubble.
- Turn off the heat and stir in the chocolate chips and vanilla extract.
- Spoon the pudding into the prepared jars, and top with whipped cream and chocolate curls.