Glazed Sour Cream Donuts
Glazed Sour Cream Donuts: simple, old fashioned and so good with your morning coffee! You won’t believe how quick and easy these are to make.
Hey there! Hope your week is off to a good start! How was your weekend?
Ours was busy, busy. Big project: we cleared out my office/studio to make room for a more video-friendly setup. Have you noticed how much video is dominating everything online these days? How do you feel about it?
Well, I don’t have a video for today’s post but I still think it’s pretty rockin’. I mean, sour cream donuts??? How can you go wrong.
One of my most favorite indulgences is a glazed donut, with a cup of strong coffee. It is seriously the BEST! And I live in Pennsylvania Dutch country, where the donuts are totally next level. So airy, soft, and pillowy! What a treat.
But honestly, making fried donuts is a big deal. Totally worth the effort, don’t get me wrong. But sometimes you just don’t have it in you to make a yeast dough, let it rise, shape it, and fry it in hot oil. Sometimes you just want something quick, that you can whip up on a whim, whenever the craving strikes.
Glazed sour cream donuts, baby.
They’re baked! And they’re as easy to make as a batch of muffins. In fact, if you don’t have a fancy donut pan, you can totally use your muffin tin.
The sour cream makes the cake super moist and delicate.
And the simple vanilla glaze is just perfection. Simple really is best sometimes!
I think you’ll love how easy and quick these glazed sour cream donuts are to make, and how great they taste with your morning coffee!
More great breakfast treats on my “Breakfast/Brunch Recipes” Pinterest board!
This post contains affiliate sales links.
Glazed Sour Cream Donuts
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.13 teaspoon) ground nutmeg,, or a small pinch of freshly grated whole nutmeg*
- 1/4 cup (54.5 g) vegetable oil
- 1/2 cup (115 g) sour cream
- 1/3 cup (66.67 g) granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract,, divided
- 2 cups (240 g) powdered sugar
- 1/4 cup (61 g) milk
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and lightly grease a non-stick donut pan.*
- Place the flour, baking soda, salt, and nutmeg in a medium mixing bowl, and whisk to combine.
- Place the oil, sour cream, sugar, egg, and 1/2 teaspoon vanilla in a large liquid measuring cup, and stir together until smooth.
- Add the liquid ingredients to the dry, and gently fold together until just barely combined (it’s ok if there are a few lumps).
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, and bake the donuts for 12 to 16 minutes, or until just beginning to brown around the edges.
- Cool for 20 minutes, then remove from the pan.
- In a medium mixing bowl, stir the powdered sugar, milk, and remaining 1/2 teaspoon vanilla together until smooth.
- Dip the tops of the donuts in the glaze, allowing the excess to drip off.
- Place the donuts on a wire rack set over a baking sheet, and allow the glaze to dry.