Mint Chocolate Icebox Pie
If you like mint and chocolate together, then you’ll love this mint chocolate icebox pie! It’s a perfectly refreshing summertime treat!
Omg I have to tell you: this was one of the best desserts I’ve had in a long time.
Mint chocolate icebox pie. To die for!
I am a big fan of chocolate and mint together, so I knew I was probably really going to like this pie. But it exceeded my expectations!
That filling is so light and fluffy, it just melts on your tongue. And it leaves behind the most incredible rich, dark chocolate flavor, enhanced with a strong hit of cool mint. Like a fresh breeze on a summer day! And the chocolate cookie crust is the perfect crunchy compliment to all that soft goodness.
Best of all, it was super simple to make. You barely have to turn the oven on!
Just the kind of dessert recipe I love for those hot, lazy summer nights.
It’s a perfect treat to cool you off, especially if you’re a chocoholic (like me!). Definitely give it a try for your next get-together. I bet your guests will go nuts for it!
More summer recipes on my “Seasonal Recipes: Spring & Summer” Pinterest board!
This post contains affiliate sales links.
Mint Chocolate Icebox Pie
For the chocolate cookie crust
For the mint chocolate mousse filling
- 8 ounces (226.8 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips, (or bar, chopped roughly)
- 1/3 cup (83.33 g) water
- 1 tablespoon unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon dark cocoa powder
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1/8 teaspoon (0.13 teaspoon) kosher salt
- 1 1/2 cups (357 g) heavy whipping cream,, whipped stiffly
- 1 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 2 teaspoons peppermint extract
For the garnishes
- 1/2 cup (119 g) heavy whipping cream, whipped softly with 2 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1 sprig fresh mint
To make the chocolate cookie crust:
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and place the chocolate sandwich cookies and sugar in the bowl of the food processor.
- Pulse until the cookies are completely crushed to crumbs.
- Stir in the melted butter, and press the mixture in an even layer over the bottom and up the sides of a 9-inch diameter standard pie dish.
- Bake for 8 to 10 minutes.
To make the mint chocolate mousse filling:
- Place the chocolate, water, cocoa powders, sugar, and salt in a large bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until melted and smooth.
- Fold in the whipped cream, vanilla, and peppermint extract until combined.
- Transfer to the prepared pie dish, and refrigerate for two hours (or preferably, overnight).