New York Crumb Cheesecake
A fluffy, creamy New York-style cheesecake is topped with a buttery brown sugar and cinnamon streusel crumb topping in this unique cheesecake recipe. You will love the contrast of crumbly spiced streusel against soft, cool cheesecake!
Good morning, my dears, and Happy Friday! Are you ready for a fun weekend??
I know I am. It feels so good to get home and back into my usual routine after all the excitement that was last week. I had a blast doing Fox on Tuesday, and my weekend at Meredith Corporation in Des Moines for the Better Homes and Gardens Cooking Experience was exhilarating, but I’m ready to just be a mom for a few days. I’m looking forward to a weekend of just going to little league games, watching my kids and hubby toss the football around, getting on top of the laundry situation, and playing around in the kitchen.
Despite being a bit behind on my baking this week, I did manage to create this scrummy cheesecake for you. Have you ever had a New York crumb cake before? It’s like a coffee cake I guess, with a thick, craggly layer of brown sugar streusel on top. It’s kinda to-die-for. As is New York-style cheesecake, so I figured, why not combine the two?
Lately I just haven’t been able to get cheesecake out of my mind. For this one, I made the bottom crust a little thinner so the streusel/cream cheese combo could really shine. And I really prefer to make my cheesecakes in a regular cake pan, rather than a springform. I just never had any luck with keeping the water out, no matter how many layers of foil I wrapped the pan in. Check out this post for tips on how to bake a cheesecake in a regular cake pan, and have it come out easily and in one piece.
Sorry for the short post, friends, but the kiddos will be off the bus in just a few moments, and you know how I like to have everything squared away so that I can focus on them in the afternoons. And because I am rushing, I completely forgot to dust my streusel with powdered sugar before taking the pics. Don’t be like me! A little flurry of confectioners would make this dessert even so much prettier!
I hope you enjoy this recipe and I hope you have a wonderful, relaxing, and fun weekend! xo
As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
New York Crumb Cheesecake
For the graham cracker crust:
For the crumb topping
To Make the Crust:
- Mist an 8-inch straight-sided cake pan with non-stick spray and line with a circle of parchment.
- Place the graham crackers, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in the bowl of a food processor and pulse until fine.
- Add the melted butter and process until well combined.
- Tip the mixture into the prepared pan, and press into an even layer. Set aside.
To Make the Crumb Topping:
- Place all the ingredients for the crumb topping in a small bowl and toss with a fork to combine. Set aside.
To Make the Cheesecake Filling:
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place the cream cheese, sugar, and flour in a mixing bowl and cream together on medium speed until fluffy.
- Add the eggs, one at a time, scraping the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula after each addition.
- Stir in the cream and vanilla, and pour the mixture into the prepared pan.
- Place in a larger, ovenproof dish and fill about halfway up the sides with hot water.
- Bake for 10 minutes, then top with the reserved Crumb Topping. Lower the oven temperature to 200 degrees F and bake for an additional 45-50 minutes, or until the sides are set but the center is still a little bit wobbly.
- Turn off the oven and prop the door open with a wooden spoon. Allow the cheesecake to cool in the warm oven for an hour. Chill overnight before removing from the pan.
- Garnish with powdered sugar.