Oatmeal Raisin Blondies
Whip up a quick batch of oatmeal raisin blondies for your kids’ after-school snack! They’re moist and fudge-y, just like your favorite brownie, but with all the warm fall flavors of brown sugar, cinnamon, chewy oats, and plump raisins!
Welp, I’m home from vacation. We had a great time! Lots of sun, surf, and fun. And now I’m not fully back into the swing yet but I do have all the bags unpacked, and laundry’s been washed, folded, and put into drawers.
I can’t believe summer’s almost over already. I just don’t feel quite ready. My kids have one more week of camp, and then a week off (but we’ll be doing a little bit more travel), and then they’re back to school! So today, we’re talking about after-school treats.
These oatmeal raisin blondies are it. It took me a couple of tries before I got the recipe just right, but I absolutely loved the end result. They’re super moist and fudge-y, like your favorite brownie, but instead of chocolate you get cinnamon, brown sugar, chewy oats and plump raisins. They’re pretty much fall in bar form.
You can find the full how-to over at KitchenAid’s blog, the Kitchenthusiast! Click on over and see how simple they are to make!
Oatmeal Raisin Blondies
- 1 cup (227 g) unsalted butter,, melted
- 2 cups (440 g) dark brown sugar
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1.5 teaspoons) vanilla extract
- 3/4 cup (93.75 g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (90 g) whole wheat flour
- 3/4 cup (60.75 g) rolled oats
- 2 teaspoons ground cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) kosher salt
- 1 cup (145 g) raisins
- 3/4 cups (90 g) powdered sugar
- 2-3 tablespoons (2 tablespoons) cream
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) vanilla bean paste, (extract can be substituted)
To make the the oatmeal raisin blondies
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F, lightly mist a 9x9-inch square pan with non-stick spray, and line with parchment.
- Place the melted butter, brown sugar, eggs, and vanilla in a large mixing bowl, and whisk until combined.
- Add the flours, oats, cinnamon, baking powder, baking soda, and salt, and stir together until incorporated.
- Fold in the raisins.
- Transfer the blondie batter to the prepared pan, and spread into an even layer.
- Bake for 35 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool completely, then cut into bars or triangles. Drizzle with icing.
For the icing
- Place all the ingredients in a small bowl and stir together until smooth.
These blondies look incredible, I’m not even a raisin fan but I would eat SO MANY of these! Great recipe, Allie! 🙂
Thanks sweetie! I loved the deep brown sugar flavor and the texture was perfect!