Pumpkin Spice Latte Tiramisu Parfaits
Your favorite fall coffee-shop treat in a creamy no-bake parfait! Earthy pumpkin is complemented by warm spices, rich espresso, and toasty bourbon in this seasonal take on a classic Italian dessert.
Did you see that? Did you see what I did there?
Yes. It’s pumpkin tiramisu. I know.
I have this weird neurotic thing, where I only want to post recipes that are original. I was so psyched when I thought of this idea, because I may not be all that into pumpkin desserts, but I am seriously in love with the pumpkin spice latte. The idea of turning it into a never-before-seen dessert had me patting myself all over the back.
I even looked it up on Foodgawker, to see if it had already been done! And no, it hadn’t!
Enter my husband, who google searched it and rained all over my pumpkin parade. Boo. Thanks universe. I guess that’s what I get for being so smug.
Turns out pumpkin tiramisu is, most definitely, already a thing, and it’s been done by every Food Network celebrity chef plus Martha herself. Oh well. So much for that.
I just had to get creative with the title >;D
Because, I want you to know, that maybe you are like me, and Pumpkin + Chocolate = no bueno, but let’s not forget about coffeeeeee! We all love a pumpkin spice coffee right???
This nails it! And it’s super quick to put together. No-bake, baby!
If you are hosting a party this fall, this is a great pumpkin dessert. Just a step or two up on the elegance scale from good ol’ punkin pie. It can serve a big crowd, or just a few. The recipe doubles, triples, halves, what have you, very easily. You can layer it up in a big baking dish and cut it into squares, or individually portion it into anything from a wine glass to a highball, to a ramekin to a cereal bowl. And you can make it ahead! In fact, it gets even better the longer it sits…
So rich and indulgent!
I love the earthy pumpkin and fall spice, combined with the rich coffee… and the toasty bourbon adds such warm complexity!
If you love a pumpkin spice latte, you are going to luuuuuuuuurrrrrrrrve this dessert! It’s like a sweet and creamy bite of Fall!
As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Pumpkin Spice Latte Tiramisu Parfaits
- 2 eggs, (large) separated
- 1/3 cup (66.67 g) + 2 tablespoons granulated sugar,, divided
- 1 1/2 cup (354.88 ml) heavy cream,, divided
- 1 cup (225 g) mascarpone,, softened
- 1 cup (245 g) pure pumpkin puree
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon,, plus more for garnish
- 1/2 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/4 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 12 ounces (340.2 ml) brewed espresso
- 2 tablespoons bourbon
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 7 ounces (198.45 g) savoiardi*, (Italian crisp ladyfingers)
- In a large mixing bowl, whip the egg whites to soft peaks.
- Stream in 1 tablespoon of sugar while whipping on low speed.
- Continue to whip, on high speed, until the stiff peak stage.
- Transfer the egg whites to another bowl.
- Place the egg yolks in the large mixing bowl, along with ⅓ cup of sugar.
- Whip on high speed until the mixture looks pale and fluffy. Set aside.
- In a medium mixing bowl, whip half (3/4 cup) of the heavy cream until it holds stiff peaks.
- Fold the whipped cream into the yolk mixture.
- Fold the mascarpone, pumpkin puree, and spices carefully into the cream and yolk mixture.
- Fold the egg whites into the pumpkin mixture, taking care not to deflate the air from the meringue. Refrigerate.
- In a small bowl, combine the espresso, bourbon, and vanilla.
- Break the savoiardi into thirds, dip each piece in the coffee mixture, and layer in the bottom of your serving glasses/dish.
- Top with half the pumpkin mixture.
- Layer on the remaining savoiardi, and top with the remaining pumpkin mixture.
- Just before serving, whip the remaining (3/4 cup) heavy cream with the remaining tablespoon sugar.
- Top the serving glasses/dish with the whipped cream, and dust with ground cinnamon.