Soft Almond Butter Cookies with Chocolate and Sea Salt
These soft almond butter cookies are such a comforting treat! Dipped in dark chocolate and accented with sea salt, for the perfect balance of sweet & salty.
Hey, how is your spring so far?
Ours is kind of all over the place. One day: warm, sunny, and beautiful; the next grey and chilly. Today is one of those grey chilly days. All I want to do is curl up under a blanket with a big plate of cookies!
These almond butter cookies would be just the thing. They’re soft and pillow-y, a little nutty, with a hint of sweet almond extract. Dipping them in dark chocolate definitely does not hurt! And I will never turn down a sweet & salty treat, so we are accenting the melted chocolate with a little sea salt.
It creates such a gorgeous balance of flavors, and gives a little added crunch as well. It’s like sprinkles, only even tastier!
More great cookie recipes on my “Cookie Recipes Galore” Pinterest board!
This post contains affiliate sales links.
Soft Almond Butter Cookies with Dark Chocolate and Sea Salt
- 14 tablespoons (207.02 g) unsalted butter, , softened
- 3/4 cup (165 g) light brown sugar,, lightly packed
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 1/2 cup (125 g) almond butter
- 1 large egg
- 1 large egg yolk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/2 teaspoon (0.5 teaspoon) almond extract
- 2 1/4 cups (281.25 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (32 g) cornstarch
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 ounces (113.4 g) bittersweet chocolate,, melted
- 1 1/2 tablespoons (1.5 tablespoons) fleur de sel, (kosher salt may be substituted)
- Place the butter, brown sugar and granulated sugar in a large mixing bowl and beat on medium-high speed until very pale and fluffy (3 to 5 minutes).
- Stir in the almond butter until incorporated.
- Add the egg, egg yolk, and vanilla, beating until completely incorporated.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the bowl with a silicone spatula, then add the flour, cornstarch, baking soda, and salt, stirring on medium-low speed until combined.
- Use a 1 1/2-tablespoon cookie scoop to drop balls of cookie dough onto the prepared sheets, allowing about two inches in between (for spreading).
- Use the palm of your hand to press the balls slightly flat.
- Bake (one sheet at a time) on the center rack of the oven for 7 to 10 minutes, or until set around the edges and just barely beginning to turn golden.
- Cool completely on the baking sheet.
- Dip one side of each cookie in melted chocolate, and sprinkle with a pinch of sea salt.