Cheddar-Blue Beer Cheese Dip
Take your game-day eats to the next level with this savory beer cheese dip! Made with a boldly flavored cheddar-blue, plus horseradish, mustard, and garlic. A strong brew brings all the flavors together for a snack that will have your guests begging for more.
It’s this weekend!!!
I’m talking about Superbowl, for all you non-sports people.
I include myself in that group, btw. I had to ask my husband numerous times about when the big game would be, mainly so I’d know when to post all my game-day recipes. I am not a football person.
I am, however, a sit on the sofa with the boys eating junky snacks all afternoon person. That is right up my alley! If there were a competition for that, I bet I could win the prize. Especially with a recipe like this one.
It whips up in a snap with just a handful of ingredients. And it’s great with all sorts of dippers. My favorite was the pretzels. There’s just something about beer, cheese, and pretzels! Totally irresistible.
I plopped this snack board on our coffee table and set the warm beer cheese dip right in the middle, and everyone just went to town. I’m telling you- we could not stop. The flavors are bold and rich and perfect for this time of year. There’s just four of us, so we had some leftover dip, and wait’ll you hear what I ended up doing with it: I stirred it into some cooked macaroni, and garnished with crispy bacon and crushed up pretzels!
Oh yes I did!
You need to make this, this weekend! The full recipe is over on KitchenAid’s blog, The Kitchenthusiast, so click on over after you’ve watched the fun little video. It’ll really put you in the Superbowl spirit!
Cheddar-Blue Beer Cheese Dip
- 8 ounces (226.8 g) cream cheese
- 6 ounces (170.1 ml) beer
- 8 ounces (226.8 g) cheddar blue cheese
- 2 tablespoons prepared horseradish
- 2 teaspoons dry mustard
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon sliced scallions, (optional garnish)
- Attach KitchenAid® Precise Heat Mixing Bowl and Flex Edge Beater to your KitchenAid® Stand Mixer.
- Place cream cheese and beer in bowl and set heat to 215° F.
- Once preheated, turn Stand Mixer to Stir and blend cream cheese and beer together until smooth.
- Shred the cheddar blue cheese with your KitchenAid® Pro Line® Series 16-Cup Food Processor using the reversible shredding disc and set on the large shred setting.
- Add shredded cheddar blue and continue to mix until melted and smooth.
- Continuing on Stir speed, blend in horseradish, mustard, and garlic until mixed.
- Serve immediately or keep warm in bowl.
- Serve with chips, pretzels, veggies, or any other snackable item you have laying around.
Beer + Blue Cheese? Sounds like snack heaven to me!
Oh, I know it! It’s totally my kinda snack too. Thank you so much Emma!
I love Beer Cheese! It is one of my favorite things!
It’s sooo good, right? Hope you’re enjoying your weekend, Nicole!
Allie, LOVE the video and this dip!!!!! uh, delicious!!!!
Thank you so much Alice! I hope you’re enjoying the weekend, dear!