Chocolate Chip Muffins
These chocolate chip muffins are like little bites of heaven! My kids love the mini size. Bake up a big batch and keep them in the freezer! Such a yummy way to start their day.
I’m so happy to be sharing the recipe for these chocolate chip muffins with you today!
These are a HUGE family favorite around my house, especially for my youngest. He’s a chocoholic. He would eat chocolate at every meal, including breakfast!
He begs me for chocolate chip pancakes all the time. On the weekends I usually give in, but during the week it’s not always easy to find the time to stand over the stove scooping batter and flipping…
Muffins are so much easier!
You can buy pre-packaged chocolate chip mini muffins at the grocery or convenience store, but I feel so much better when I can feed my family something that I’ve baked from scratch.
These muffins are made from wholesome ingredients like fresh eggs and Greek yogurt, and they have just the right amount of sweetness.
They’re moist and fluffy, and the chocolate chips make them feel like such a special treat!
The mini size is great for kids. They’re easy for them to manage in just a few bites.
I bake up a big batch and freeze them on a sheet tray, then transfer them to a zip-top bag and just grab a few at a time for my son’s breakfast or snack. They thaw out in about 10 seconds in the microwave.
But these can be baked in a standard-sized pan too! You’ll get 12 regular sized chocolate chip muffins out of a batch, and the bake times are listed below for both the mini and the standard size.
You could sub out the chocolate for blueberries as well! My favorite are the frozen wild blueberries you can buy by the bagful in the frozen foods section. They’re tiny and full of flavor!
And if you’re looking for a yummy way to top these muffins, we love either a sprinkling of clear sparkling sugar, or a thick layer of crumbly streusel. So good!
More great breakfast recipes on my “Breakfast/Brunch Recipes” Pinterest board!
This post contains affiliate sales links.
** WATCH THIS LIVE RECIPE DEMO TO SEE HOW IT’S DONE! **
Chocolate Chip Muffins
- 2 1/2 cups (375 g) all-purpose flour
- 3/4 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon (0.25 teaspoon) kosher salt
- 1/2 cup (113.5 g) unsalted butter, , melted and cooled slightly
- 1 cup (200 g) Greek yogurt*
- 1/4 cup (3 tablespoons) milk
- 2 large eggs
- 1 1/2 teaspoons (1.5 teaspoons) vanilla extract
- 10 ounces (283.5 g) semi-sweet chocolate chips, (or mini chocolate chips)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F (for mini muffins) or 425 degrees F (for standard size muffins), and mist a mini-muffin pan with non-stick spray (or line a muffin pan with papers).
- Place the flour, sugar, baking powder, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Place the melted butter, Greek yogurt, milk, eggs, and vanilla in a large liquid measuring cup, and whisk to combine.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry, and fold together until just barely combined (there should still be a few streaks of flour).
- Fold in the chocolate chips, and divide the batter equally between all wells of the muffin pan(s).
- Bake standard size muffins for 5 minutes at 425 degrees F, then lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake an additional 10 to 14 minutes. Bake mini muffins for 10 to 12 minutes, or until a toothpick inserted in the thickest part of a muffin comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.