Chocolate Hazelnut Streusel Bread with Salted Caramel Sauce
Enjoy this chocolate quick bread with a steaming cup of coffee. It’s a perfect afternoon pick-me-up; you’ll swoon over the crumbly chocolate hazelnut streusel and buttery salted caramel sauce! And it’s such an easy recipe- no mixer required!
Hey guys! How was your weekend and all? Phew mine was really exciting. So many fun things!
Ok so I’m a big dork and a total Instagram noob- I had my IG set to share with my personal Facebook and not my Baking a Moment page. So if you are following me on Facebook only, then you probably didn’t see any of what I was up to this past weekend. Sad face. Unless! You are also following me on Twitter or, of course, IG.
Enough of that nonsense! It’s all fixed now but the bottom line is, I had an incredible, unforgettable time at the Better Homes and Gardens Cooking Experience. Dude, they rolled out the red carpet. It was so. much. FUN! And now I am totally behind because I just couldn’t even.
Here are a few of the highlights:
After all that excitement I think I just need to chill out with a hot cup of coffee and a nibble.
What do you think of this bread??? Is it just about the most incredible bread you’ve ever laid eyes on? Can I even call it bread? Let’s be honest, it’s cake. Right? I mean I adapted it from my favorite muffin recipe, but there’s chocolate. And caramel. The only excuse I really have for calling this a bread is the fact that it’s baked in a loaf pan.
What we have here is a dense and uber-chocolatey quick-bread/muffin/cake, studded all throughout with pockets of melty chocolate chips, heavily encrusted with a crumbly chocolate hazelnut streusel, and drizzled (don’t hold back) with gooey salted caramel sauce. It’s the stuff of dreams, I tell you.
You can use any kind of salted caramel sauce you may have on hand, but I highly recommend this recipe. It comes together in about 15 minutes flat and it’s so buttery and rich. It makes a great homemade gift too! Try it; I promise you’ll never go back to the store-bought stuff.
Hope you enjoyed, my friends! xoxo
As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Chocolate Hazelnut Streusel Bread with Salted Caramel Sauce
- 3 tablespoons (44.36 g) unsalted butter
- 1/3 cup (41.67 g) all purpose flour
- 1/4 cup (50 g) granulated sugar
- 1/4 cup (21.5 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/4 cup (30 g) chopped hazelnuts
- 1 1/2 cups (187.5 g) all purpose flour
- 1/3 cup (28.67 g) unsweetened cocoa powder
- 1/2 cup (90 g) mini chocolate chips
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/4 cup (56.75 g) unsalted butter, (half a stick)
- 1 cup (200 g) granulated sugar
- 1 cup (200 g) Greek yogurt, (I used nonfat)
- 1 egg, (large)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1/4 cup (59.15 ml) salted caramel sauce
Make the Chocolate Hazelnut Streusel:
- Place the butter in a small microwavable bowl, cover loosely, and heat until melted (on my microwave this takes about 2 minutes on 50% power).
- Add the flour, sugar, cocoa powder, and hazelnuts to the melted butter, and toss together with a fork. Set aside.
Make the Chocolate Quick Bread:
- Preheat the oven to 425 degrees F and lightly mist a loaf pan with non-stick spray.
- Place the flour, cocoa, chocolate chips, baking powder, and salt in a medium bowl and stir with a whisk to combine. Set aside.
- Place the butter in a large liquid measure, or a medium microwavable bowl, covery loosely, and heat until melted (on my microwave this takes about 1½ minutes on 50% power).
- Add the sugar, Greek yogurt, egg, and vanilla to the melted butter, and whisk until well incorporated.
- Pour the liquid ingredients into the dry, and stir together with a silicone spatula or wooden spoon, just until BARELY combined (you should still see lumps).
- Transfer the batter into the prepared loaf pan, and top with the reserved streusel. Bake for 10 minutes at 425 degrees F, then turn the oven temperature down to 350 degrees F (don't open the oven door), and bake for an additional 40-50 minutes, or until a tester comes out clean.
- Cool completely, top with salted caramel sauce, slice, and serve.
I know I am not doing something correct. Where is the recipe for the Chocolate Hazelnut Bread? All I am seeing is Carrot Cake Waffles recipe.
Looks like there was a tech glitch- should be all fixed now! Thank you for the heads up.
Thank you! Love your recipes, glad I found you.
This is reaaalllyyyyy addddiiiccctiooon , am arabic and i can’t understand some of the ingredients 🙁 :'( i really want to make it :”(
Hi Ikhlass! I get a lot of comments from people who don’t speak my same language, and a lot of times I’ll click over to Google Translate so that we can communicate. Maybe give that a try, but if you run into any problems just let me know. I’m happy to answer any questions you may have 🙂
That is such a gorgeous cake and the picture is beautiful!
Thank you so much! I’m so happy you enjoyed and I so appreciate the awesome feedback! 😀
Wow, that is one amazing-looking “bread”–or loaf cake, maybe? 😛 And you can’t go wrong with adding salted caramel!
I couldn’t agree more; the answer to caramel is always yes for me 😉 Thanks so much Baby June! Hope you had a great weekend!
Looks like a wonderful trip! And this bread is to die for!!!
Oh, I had such a blast! I was so happy to have been able to go. It was amazing and so great to reconnect with friends. Thank you so much, Liz- hope you’re having an awesome weekend! 😀
This cake looks so moist and delicious and I love the chocolate hazelnut combo in the streusel topping. Yogurt based breads have such a great texture. Your photography is more than amazing!
Aw thank you so much, Mira! Boy was I bad at the beginning (we all start somewhere, right?) but now I’ve had tons of practice I feel like I’m finally getting the hang of it. Thank you so much for the sweet compliments dear; hope you’re enjoying your weekend!
Are you kidding? I get the best of all worlds in one recipe?! And it looks to die for. A thick slice of that could cure any problem and I am having a major craving right now. Ugh, do you deliver?? 🙂 Pinned!
Haha, I’ve done things like that before … all this technical stuff is one of the hardest parts of blogging! I loved seeing all your photos, it looked like a blast!
Lol… live and learn, right? All of this social media stuff is just beyond me, I swear! I feel like such an old lady sometimes ;P Thanks for the sweet comment, hon! xoxo
My instagram is set to my personal page toooo. ugh. I wish it could share on both. ah well. More importantly: yed THIS IS the best bread I’ve ever seen! That hazelnut streusel! that salted caramel drizzle!!! ahhhhhh
Ya why can’t we share to both?? I mean really… duh. Lol I’m so glad you like the cake/bread! Thanks so much for the sweet comment Kayle!
Ok, is it bad that I just realized that my IG account was linked to my personal account also! Thanks for the insight! It did take me a couple of minutes to ACTUALLY get it working, but I have YOU to thank! I’m totally love everything about this bread. I just want to take a little swim in that salted caramel sauce!
Same here, Justine! I could live off of that salted caramel sauce. Hook it up to an IV. So glad you got your IG figured out lol, and glad I’m not the only one goofing stuff like that up!
oh my gosh, this bread is incredible! that salted caramel sauce!!!! wish i could just lie in bed all day and stuff my face with this 😉
Thank you Laura! That sounds like my idea of heaven, lol!
Hi Allie! It was so great to meet you last weekend!! We’ll have to chat more next time! And I love this cake of yours! You had me at “salted caramel!” 🙂
Uh, I know, right?? Salted caramel is my everything. So glad you like, and so happy I had a chance to meet you! I can’t believe I didn’t realize we had blogging in common until the very end… we should have totally hung out more!