Indulge in this easy s’mores pie! With a buttery, crunchy graham cracker crust, a fluffy milk chocolate mousse filling, & toasty marshmallows on top.
The pie streak continues!
But the collection wouldn’t be complete without this decadent s’mores pie.
WHAT IS S’MORES PIE?
S’mores pie is inspired by that classic campfire treat: the s’more, consisting of a toasted marshmallow and a milk chocolate square, sandwiched between two crunchy graham crackers. It’s completely irresistible, and such a nostalgic summer treat!
In this pie version, we use graham crackers in the crust, and the chocolate takes a fluffy mousse form in the filling. The whole thing is topped off with marshmallows and toasted to golden brown perfection.
HOW DO YOU MAKE S’MORES PIE?
This is an easy recipe that’s just perfect for summer! There’s no baking involved, unless you count the quick broil that you give the marshmallows, to toast them.
It starts with the crust: a crunchy, buttery graham cracker crust that compliments the soft filling in the most delicious way. You can find lots more info on graham cracker crust here: Graham Cracker Crust.
Next comes the filling. It’s as simple as melting milk chocolate chips, water, cocoa powder, and a pinch of salt together, and folding in whipped cream.
The filling may seem a little thin at first, but don’t worry! It will firm up quite a bit as it chills.
The last step is to cover the top with marshmallows. You want every bite to have a marshmallow in it, so don’t be stingy!
You can toast the marshmallows in a couple of different ways: either with a brulee torch (which is so much fun!), or under the broiler.
For the s’mores pie you see here, I toasted the marshmallows under the broiler. Just a few words to the wise: lower your top oven rack a smidge, and DON’T WALK AWAY FOR A SECOND! Those marshmallows can go up in flames in a matter of seconds. Don’t ask me how I know!
CAN I MAKE S’MORES PIE AHEAD?
I would definitely recommend it! It’s best if this pie has a few hours in the fridge to chill and firm up.
HOW TO STORE S’MORES PIE
I would definitely keep this s’mores pie cold if you can! The mousse filling will start to slump as it becomes warm, so it’s best to keep it in the fridge as much as possible.
It should keep in the fridge for at least a week.
I’m not sure this would freeze well- I’d worry that the mousse would become runny as it thaws. But I don’t think that will be a problem. This s’mores pie is such a treat I doubt there will be any leftovers!
This post contains affiliate sales links.
** WATCH THIS QUICK VIDEO TO SEE HOW IT’S DONE! **
- 1 1/2 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1/4 cup light brown sugar loosely packed
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/2 cup unsalted butter (1 stick), melted
- 37 marshmallows regular-sized, approximate
- Place the graham cracker crumbs, brown sugar, cinnamon, and salt in a large bowl and whisk to combine.
- Pour the melted butter into the bowl, and stir the mixture together until mixed.
- Tip the mixture into a 9 1/2-inch diameter pie dish, and press into the bottom and up the sides.
- Chill for 1 hour.
- Fill with milk chocolate mousse filling and top with marshmallows.
- Place the chocolate, water, cocoa powder, and salt in a large bowl and microwave in 30 second increments, stirring, for 1 to 2 minutes, or until melted and smooth.
- Fold in the whipped cream until combined.
- Transfer to the prepared crust and chill for 2 to 4 hours, until set.
- Top with marshmallows and toast with a brulee torch or under the broiler.
- Arrange the marshmallows all over the top of the pie.
- Toast briefly with a brulee torch, or under the broiler, until golden brown and crunchy.