Mini Brown Sugar Pound Cakes
These mini brown sugar pound cakes are moist, velvety-soft, and they make a great homemade gift. Top with a sweet icing and festive decorations!
This is a sponsored post, written by me and created in partnership with Domino® Sugar. All opinions expressed herein are straight from my heart.
We are really getting down to the wire now with Christmas prep! I can’t believe there are only a few days left to get ready! Do you have everything in order?
I’m never able to get it together to get all the things done ahead of time, but I think I’m in pretty good shape! I’ve got a lot done, but still just a few loose ends that need tying up.
Isn’t it funny how even when you think you’re in a really good place, there are always a few last minute surprises? I was out shopping with a friend recently and she mentioned how we should probably get a little something for our kids’ violin teacher. I was like “Oh dang! I hadn’t even thought of that but yes!”
It’s times like these when I’m glad I’ve got a fully stocked baking pantry. It’s amazing what you can whip up last minute with just a few simple basics!
Like these sweet little mini brown sugar pound cakes.
Aren’t they just the cutest? And so yummy too. There’s nothing else quite like a pound cake. So moist, buttery, and velvety-soft! Imagine sitting down to one of these with a hot cup of goodness.
These little mini pound cakes are baked with brown sugar, and it gives the most warm, deep flavor. It’s like pound cake taken to the next level!
I’ve been baking with Domino® Sugar ever since I can remember. It is THE sugar in the Philadelphia area, where I live. But if you’re not on the east coast, you might know it as C&H® Sugar. If they don’t sell Domino® Sugar in your area, look for C&H® Sugar, the sister brand of Domino® Sugar.
I used Domino® Light Brown Sugar for the mini brown sugar pound cakes you see here. It has a slightly nutty, caramel flavor and it’s ideal for cakes like these. But if you want more of a deep, rich molasses flavor, you could substitute for Domino® Dark Brown Sugar (in equal measure). Either option will yield a magnificently moist result.
I’ve drizzled them with a sweet rum glaze (it’s festive, and it brings out the caramel flavors), and sprinkled them with frosty sprinkles in different shapes and sizes. So wintry and perfect for the season! And a few holly sprigs, piped in royal icing, are the finishing touch!
I’ll be demo-ing this recipe LIVE on my Facebook page at 11am (east coast time) tomorrow (December 22, 2017), so be sure to tune in and see just how they’re made, and how to package them up as a perfect little gift! See you then!
More great homemade gift ideas on my “Homemade Gifts” Pinterest board!
This post contains affiliate sales links.
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F and generously mist a bundlette pan with non-stick spray.
- In a large bowl with an electric mixer, cream the butter and brown sugar together on medium-high speed until pale and fluffy (3 to 5 minutes).
- Beat in the eggs, one at a time, until incorporated.
- Scrape the bottom and sides of the mixing bowl with a silicone spatula, then add the vanilla, mixing on medium speed until smooth.
- Add the flour and salt, mixing on medium speed until just barely incorporated.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared pan, and bake for 25 to 30 minutes, or until a bamboo skewer inserted in the thickest part of a cake comes out clean or with a few moist crumbs.
- Cool in the pan for 30 minutes, then invert onto a wire rack to cool completely.
- Place the confectioners sugar, rum, and vanilla in a medium bowl and stir together until smooth.
- Add more milk, if needed, to get the proper drizzling consistency. (If too much liquid is added and the icing is too thin, more confectioners sugar can be added to thicken it back up.)
- Drizzle the icing over the cakes, and sprinkle with sugar pearls, white nonpariels, and sparkling sugar.
- Pipe holly leaves with green royal icing, and berries with red royal icing.
- Allow the decorations to fully dry, then package the cakes in cello bags with ribbon, greenery, and a gift tag.