Fluffy Nutella cheesecake mousse is nestled in a crunchy pretzel crust and layered generously over rich chocolate hazelnut spread. This easy, no-bake recipe is sure to become a family favorite!
It’s Pi Day! Happy Pi Day!
For all you non-math-geeks, no, that is not a typo. March 14th is known as Pi Day because of the mathematical constant, the ratio of a circle’s circumference to it’s diameter, commonly approximated as 3.14 and represented by the Greek letter “π.”
Get it? 3.14? 3/14? March 14th?
Nerdy, I know. But take a look at your Instagram feed today- I guarantee I won’t be the only one filling it with luscious pie recipes.
I realize this is really similar to the last recipe I shared. However, besides being Pi Day, today is also my youngest’s birthday. And at the moment I am curled up in front of a fire at a ski lodge, while the boys are all out enjoying what’s probably going to be their last ski excursion of the year. Needless to say there’s no baking going on, and this glorious treat has been hanging out in my unpublished drafts folder for way too long. It’s time to let it spread its wings and fly.
Let’s talk about it.
It all starts with a crunchy, butter-y pretzel crust, because I just cannot resist that sweet/salty combination. Chocolate and pretzels are a match made in heaven, in my opinion. Do you agree?
And tell me, is there a man, woman, or child in existence that doesn’t go ga-ga over Nutella? There is something about that rich and nutty chocolate hazelnut spread that’s just so irresistible. Let’s swirl it into an easy no-bake cheesecake filling for a dessert that’s as easy to make as it is sinfully decadent and satisfying.
Besides being perfect for Pi Day, I think this recipe would be equally welcome on your Easter table. Chilled pies are so lovely for Spring! Especially when they’re super rich and chocolate-y!
A drizzle of chocolate sauce and a handful of chopped hazelnuts provide the finishing touch. Or not! Which do you like better, nuts or no nuts? I couldn’t decide so I’m giving you both.
Fluffy Nutella Cheesecake Mousse is nestled in a crunchy Pretzel Crust and layered generously over rich Chocolate Hazelnut spread. This Easy, No-Bake recipe is sure to become a family favorite!
For the Pretzel Crust:
- 6 ounces pretzels (or about 1 1/2 cups finely processed crumbs)
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter, melted
- 2 tablespoons light brown sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt (or to taste)
For the Nutella Cheesecake Mousse Fillling:
- 1 1/2 cups chocolate hazelnut spread, divided
- 1 cup cold heavy cream, divided
- 8 ounce Philadelphia Cream Cheese (brick), softened
- 3 tablespoons powdered sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- chocolate sauce, for garnish
- chopped toasted hazelnuts, for garnish
Make the Pretzel Crust:
- Place all the crust ingredients in a food processor and process finely.
- Press into the bottom of an 8-inch pie plate. Set aside.
Make the Filling:
- Spread 1/2 cup of the chocolate hazelnut spread over the bottom of the pretzel crust. Set aside.
- Place the cream cheese, the remaining 1 cup of chocolate hazelnut spread, powdered sugar, and salt in a large mixing bowl and beat on medium speed until smooth. Slowly drizzle in the cold heavy cream, continuing to beat on medium speed. When all the cream has been added, turn the mixer up to high speed and beat for about one minute more, until the mousse is very fluffy.
- Transfer the cheesecake mousse filling to the prepared pie shell, and refrigerate for a minimum of 2 hours, or overnight. Garnish with chocolate sauce and chopped toasted hazelnuts.
Tools/Ingredients used to Create this Recipe: