Strawberry Buttermilk Panna Cotta
An easy-to-make, no-bake dessert that’s as pretty to look at is it is delicious to eat: Strawberry Buttermilk Panna Cotta! Whip up this refreshing dessert in just minutes, and enjoy seasonal strawberries at the peak of their season.
Ok ok ok, I have been blabbering on for weeks now about how gorgeous the strawberries are right now, so I figured it’s about time I put my money where my mouth is. Today, I’m bringing you this gorgeous pink dessert that literally whips up in minutes and is just bursting with sweet, summery, strawberry flavor.
I know the fancy-sounding title makes it seem like a complicated recipe, but I promise you it’s anything but. If you’ve ever made panna cotta before, back me up here! Isn’t it just about the easiest dessert you can make?
Think Jell-o, but only instead of artificial flavoring and food dyes, panna cotta gets its appeal from things like fresh fruit, dairy, liqueurs, and/or chocolate. Or in this case, from ripe, juicy strawberries and tangy buttermilk. This flavor combination is truly a match made in heaven! The buttermilk lends a creamy feel, creates a pretty pastel-pink hue, and it’s actually quite low in fat. Just something I can’t help thinking about, with bathing suit season quickly approaching. Aiyee!
This just the kind of dessert I like to enjoy out on our patio. After a leisurely al fresco meal, with the birds singing, the sun setting, and the kids playing in the grass… it’s perfect for this time of year: no-bake, effortless, and refreshing. Just puree some strawberries, stir in the buttermilk, sugar, and gelatin, and warm on the stove until everything has dissolved. A splash of vanilla or orange blossom water, pour into molds, and refrigerate until firm. It’s that simple!
I picked up my molds at a flea market, but I can tell you they hold 1/2 cup of liquid, so any kind of 4-ounce ramekin or jar you may have will work just as well. I hope you’ll give this recipe a try, while the strawberries are at their absolute peak! And have a great weekend!
More no-bake dessert recipes, for warm, lazy nights:
This post contains affiliate sales links.
An easy-to-make, no-bake dessert that's as pretty to look at is it is delicious to eat: Strawberry Buttermilk Panna Cotta! Whip up this refreshing dessert in just minutes, and enjoy seasonal strawberries at the peak of their season.
- Lightly mist six 4-ounce molds or ramekins with non-stick spray.
- Puree the strawberries in a blender, food processor, or mini-chopper. (You should have about 1 1/2 cups of strawberry puree.)
- Place the strawberry puree in a small saucepan, and stir in the buttermilk and sugar.
- Sprinkle the gelatin powder on top and allow it to soften for about 5 minutes.
- Heat the mixture over low heat, stirring occasionally, until all the sugar and gelatin are completely dissolved (5-10 minutes).
- Remove from heat and stir in the vanilla or orange blossom water.
- Divide the liquid equally between the prepared molds.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours or until set, then unmold and serve.
The panna cotta can be served directly in ramekins/jars, or unmolded. To unmold, run the tip of a sharp knife around the top edge, tilt, and press the side of the blade gently against the panna cotta to release the vacuum. Invert onto serving plate.