Grilled Corn & Blueberry Flatbread with Whipped Goat Cheese & Basil Vinaigrette
Warm whole wheat flatbreads are topped with fluffy whipped goat cheese, tender greens, grilled corn, & fresh blueberries, drizzled with a summery basil vinaigrette, and sprinkled with crunchy pistachios. Whip up this easy meal for a busy weeknight dinner.
Don’t forget to scroll all the way to the bottom, for a fun giveaway from your Mystery Dish friends!
Whoa. It’s been a year! A whole 12 months of Mystery Dish have passed. I can hardly believe it!
^^all the things I have made for Mystery Dish^^
1. Apple Cinnamon Pancake Cupcakes with Crispy Bacon Sprinkles
2. Sweet Potato, Smoked Turkey, and Cranberry Croque Madame
3. Caramelized Apple & Goat Cheese Mousse Mille Feuilles
4. Berry Chocolate Streusel Bars
5. Strawberry Rose Chocolate Verrines
6. Hummingbird Cake
7. Sangria Poached Pears
8. Frozen Pineapple Cilantro Mojito
9. Raspberry Lemon Sweet Roll Cake
10. Toasted Pecan Pancakes with Brown Butter Bourbon Peach Syrup
11. Cherry Almond Mocha Smoothie
12. Grilled Corn & Blueberry Flatbread with Whipped Goat Cheese & Basil Vinaigrette (you are here!)
- gluten-free flour (coconut, rice, almond, etc.)
- red pepper flakes
- agave nectar
- parmesan cheese
I know there’s already a lot of pumpkin happening in the food blogging world, but I’m not ready to turn my back on fresh summer produce just yet.
This recipe is fast, easy, fresh, and seasonal. We are in transition mode here at my house. The kids have finished up their summer day camp program, and are starting school and fall baseball. There’s a whole new routine to get used to. It’s a little bit of a challenge for everyone (especially mom), so I really welcome dinners like this on busy weeknights.
If you take nothing else away from this post, let it be the basil vinaigrette. I’m telling you, it is phenomenal! A little tangy with lemon, a little sweet with agave (or honey), and just bursting with fresh, herbal, BASIL-ness. You’ll have extra left over from the flatbreads, and you won’t be sorry. I want to put it on ALL the things. Whole wheat pasta and veggies will be tossed in it. Caprese salads will be drizzled with it. Oven fries will be dipped in it, and crusty bread will mop it up.
For the flatbread, you can follow my lead and just use store bought whole wheat naan, or you can make your own. I have a recipe for homemade naan here, and here is my favorite pizza dough recipe. <–Try grilling it!
Top it with this light and fluffy whipped goat cheese, and then load it up with summery toppings. Tender greens, grilled corn, juicy blueberries, that amazing vinaigrette, and some toasted pistachios for crunch.
1. Tuna Tacos with Avocado Corn Salsa by The Weary Chef
2. Blueberry Scones by Yummy Healthy Easy
3. Parmesan Crusted Tilapia by Culinary Couture
4. Minty Berry Fruit Roll Ups by I Want Crazy
5. Baked Blueberry Donuts by Chez CateyLou
6. Hearty Minestrone Soup by Joyful Healthy Eats
7. Blueberry Lemon Pannacotta with Pistachio Tuiles by Flavor the Moments
8. Minty Turkey Meatballs with Quinoa by The Pajama Chef
9. Blueberry Crumb Coffee Cake by I Dig Pinterest
10. Pistachio Drop Scones with Blueberry Compote by The Well Floured Kitchen
11. Grilled Corn & Blueberry Flatbread with Whipped Goat Cheese, Pistachios, and Basil Vinaigrette by Baking a Moment
12. Pistachio Crusted Tilapia and Peach Salad by Blahnik Baker
Marcie from Flavor the Moments joins us this month! Please be sure to give her a warm welcome. She’s so talented and I’m so happy to have her in the group.
Since the whole idea behind Mystery Dish was inspired by the show, “Master Chef,” all of us Mystery Dish-ers have decided to get together and offer a little giveaway. Use the widget below to enter to win a copy (each) of Luca Manfe’s and Christina Ha’s cookbooks!
Good luck, and have a great weekend!
As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Grilled Corn & Blueberry Flatbread with Whipped Goat Cheese & Basil Vinaigrette
For the Basil Vinaigrette:
- 1/2 cup (12 g) fresh basil leaves,, lightly packed
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice, (juice of 1 lemon)
- 2 teaspoons agave nectar, (honey can be substituted)
- 3/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1/8 teaspoon garlic powder
- freshly ground black pepper,, to taste
- 1/4 cup (59.15 ml) extra virgin olive oil
For the Whipped Goat Cheese:
- 8 ounces (226.8 g) cream cheese,, softened (I used the reduced fat kind)
- 4 ounces (113.4 g) soft goat cheese
For the Flatbreads:
- 2 flatbreads (such as naan),, or 1 ball of pizza dough, divided and grilled or baked
- 2 cups (80 g) greens, (such as baby spinach, mesclun, or spring mix)
- 2 ears corn, , grilled and cut from the cob
- 1/2 cup (74 g) fresh blueberries
- 3 tablespoons shelled & chopped pistachios
Make the Basil Vinaigrette:
- Place the basil, lemon juice, agave, salt, garlic powder, and pepper in a tall, narrow vessel and blend with a stick blender until pureed.
- Pour in the oil, in a thin stream, while blending. Continue to blend until the vinaigrette is smooth and emulsified.
Make the Whipped Goat Cheese:
- Place the cream cheese and goat cheese in a large mixing bowl, and whip on medium high speed, until fluffy.
Assemble the Flatbreads:
- Warm the flatbreads.
- Spread on a thick(ish) layer of Whipped Goat Cheese.
- Top with greens.
- Sprinkle with grilled corn and blueberries.
- Drizzle with about 3 tablespoons of the Basil Vinaigrette.
- Garnish with pistachios.
Oh my gosh, Allie, seriously. These flavors are incredible and I really need to try this!
Thanks Nora! You’re too sweet. Maybe on a gf flatbread with some of that cashew cream cheese of yours…?
WOW!!! I just want to eat it all in one bite! But mainly drink the vinaigrette! Thank you very much!!
Lol I was tempted to drink the vinaigrette too, Zainab! Take good care, sweetie 🙂
The flatbread looks delicious!
Thanks, Akaleistar, it really is! So glad you stopped by; hope to see you here again 🙂
what a pretty flatbread!
Thanks Sarah! We really enjoyed it 😉 Happy Labor Day!
Pistachios, blueberries and corn!? This sounds amazing. And goat cheese, we can’t forget that either! haha What a gorgeous flatbread!
Thanks Ashley! Ya the goat cheese gets me every time, lol! Hope you’re enjoying the long weekend!
What a delicious flavor combo Allie! It is soooo creative. And your shots are gorgeous, as always!
Enjoy your weekend xxx
Thanks Consuelo, and you too! xo
Allie, what BEAUTIFULLLLLLLL photos; I just cannnnnot stop staring at them! this flatbread looks BEYOND DELISH! I’m not even sure I have the right words to describe how AMAZING they look! I don’t even want to cut this in slices; just eat the whole thing by myself!!!!! loved it!!!!! your mystery dish recipes have always managed to blow my mind!!!!!! Pinning! 😀
Thank you so much Samina! You are too kind. And thanks so much for pinning too! xoxo
Love this flatbread! It looks so pretty and elegant! So glad you are sharing a summer recipe- I can’t get enough of summer produce still 🙂 Yay for a year of Mystery Dish – loved following along and seeing the fun dishes that everyone comes up with!
Thank you Kelly! It was fun for me too. And yes, I’m so not ready to say goodbye to summer! Especially while we’re still enjoying such warm temps. Hope you’re having a great holiday weekend, my dear!
These photos! SO beautiful I could cry!
Oh my that truly means a lot coming from you Graham. Your photography is always so inspiring to me! Thank you so much <3
I love the collage you made for your Mystery Dish Year! What an incredible year! And this flatbread was a great way to wrap up the year – this looks amazing and so summery!
Thanks, Cate! I can’t believe it’s been a whole year already. Boy that went quick!
Oh my goodness Allie, talk about gorgeous photography! You seriously went above and beyond with this post!
Wow, thanks Meriem! To be honest I whipped them up in no time flat. I just wanted to let the ingredients shine. I’m really gonna miss sweet corn and blueberries! Summer went by too fast this year!
What a gorgeous flatbread! Love the corn and blueberry combination!
Thank you so much, Jessica! I loved it too, especially with that lemony basil dressing. So summery!
This flatbread is gorgeous, Allie, and I love everything about it! That basil vinaigrette does sound delicious, and I have a basil plant that’s bursting at the seams. The vinaigrette would be the perfect use for all that basil. 🙂
Oh totally! Our basil plant is outta control right now. We can’t harvest fast enough and it’s getting really leggy. I used the stems and all in this vinaigrette and it was fan-freaking-tastic! Thanks so much for the sweet comment, Marcie!
Yes, it is still August, so keep the grilled corn and fresh fruits a comin’! Congrats on one year – you’ve made some incredible recipes, especially those apple cinnamon cupcakes! That whipped goat cheese takes this to the next level, mmm, creamy paired with that vinaigrette sounds incredible. Pinned!
Thank you so much, Mary Frances! I know I am NOT ready to say goodbye to corn and blueberries. They were so good this summer! Thanks so much for the pin and I hope you’re enjoying the long weekend, sweetie! xo