Toasted Pecan Pancakes with Brown Butter Bourbon Peach Syrup
Fluffy buttermilk pancakes are studded with crunchy toasted pecans, drizzled with a sweet brown butter bourbon peach syrup, and topped with creamy honey vanilla Greek yogurt.
Pancakes! Or as my 5 year-old likes to say, “Pan-a-cakes.”
Can you believe I’ve never posted pancakes on the blog before??? That is just wrong. Especially considering they get made on a pretty regular basis around here.
It took Mystery Dish to finally make an official pancake post a reality.
- Cheddar Cheese
- Green Beans
- Heavy Cream
- Coconut Milk/Cream
You know what I love about this dish? It’s peaches, which are summery, but the brown butter, toasted pecans, and bourbon are so cozy and warming they put me in mind of fall and winter. And since our summer produce doesn’t come in until a little later in the season here in the Northeast, I chose to go with frozen peaches. Which makes life so simple since they’re already peeled, de-pitted, and sliced. And it also means that you can enjoy this dish all year ’round.
Maple syrup, it’s over. No offense. It’s not you, it’s me. Actually, it’s not me either. It’s brown butter bourbon peach syrup. When I started out I thought it was just going to be a one-time thing, but who am I kidding? There’s no going back now.
Oh my dear sweet Lord. It is heavenly! So buttery. The peaches give off some of their sweet nectar plus there’s a little bit of dark brown sugar to bring out the caramel-y notes. I added just a hint of cinnamon too, and the bourbon just takes it to a whole different level.
The pancake recipe is from Better Homes and Gardens. I, like so many other new brides, received their cookbook as a gift when I got married. Their buttermilk pancake recipe is spot-on and I’ve probably made it hundreds of times. If you don’t keep buttermilk on hand, you can sour regular milk with a teaspoon or so of lemon juice or vinegar, or you can substitute equal parts plain yogurt (Greek or regular) and milk. It works great.
I added a little plain Greek yogurt mixed with honey and vanilla bean seeds for garnish! I highly recommend this. The combination of flavors is just outta this world. <—PS- did you see my Chobani giveaway? You should totally enter! 😀
2. Old Fashioned Corn Pudding by The Weary Chef
3. Raspberry Peach Cobbler with Oatmeal Pecan Crumble by Joyful Healthy Eats
4. Peach Raspberry Galette by Blahnik Baker
5. Pecan Crusted Chicken with Apple Cream Sauce by Yummy Healthy Easy
6. Sweet Corn Soup with Peaches by The Pajama Chef
7. Dutch Peach Pie Bars by I Dig Pinterest
8. Toasted Pecan Pancakes with Brown Butter Bourbon Peach Syrup by Baking A Moment
9. Brown Sugar Pound Cake with Butter Rum Pecan Glaze by The Well Floured Kitchen
10. Peach Pecan Cinnamon Roll Cake by Chez Catey Lou
11. Peach Frozen Yogurt with Pecan Graham Cracker Crumble by Culinary Couture
Pretty awesome right??? Thanks again, Meriem, for making all this deliciousness possible!
As an amazon associate I earn from qualifying purchases.
Toasted Pecan Pancakes with Brown Butter Bourbon Peach Syrup
For the Honey Vanilla Greek Yogurt:
- 1/4 cup (50 g) plain Greek yogurt, (I used non-fat)
- 1 teaspoon honey
- seeds scraped from one vanilla bean,, or 1/2 teaspoon vanilla bean paste (vanilla extract can be substituted in equal measure)
For the Brown Butter Bourbon Peach Syrup:
- 1/4 cup (56.75 g) unsalted butter, (half a stick)
- 2 cups (308 g) frozen peach slices
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 tablespoon bourbon
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/8 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
For the Toasted Pecan Pancakes:
- 1 cup (125 g) all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup (49.5 g) chopped pecans,, toasted
- 1 tablespoon granulated sugar
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/4 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 cup (240 g) buttermilk, (see notes above for info on substitutions)
- 2 tablespoons melted butter or cooking oil
- 1 egg, (large)
Make the Honey Vanilla Greek Yogurt:
- Place the Greek yogurt, honey, and vanilla in a small bowl and stir to combine. Set aside.
Make the Brown Butter Bourbon Peach Syrup:
- Place the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Allow it to melt, then foam and crackle, and finally to turn a nutty brown color (watch it carefully after it is no longer foamy- it can burn easily).
- Add the peach slices, dark brown sugar, bourbon, cinnamon, and salt, and cook, stirring occasionally, until it becomes syrupy and the peaches are tender. Stir in the vanilla and set aside, keeping warm.
Make the Toasted Pecan Pancakes:
- Place the flour, pecans, sugar, baking powder, baking soda, and salt in a medium mixing bowl and stir to combine.
- Place the buttermilk, butter or oil, and egg in a large liquid measure, and whisk to combine.
- Preheat a skillet over medium heat and grease it lightly with butter.
- Stir the buttermilk mixture into the flour mixture until just barely combined. Batter will be lumpy. Do not overmix or the pancakes could come out tough.
- Cook the pancakes in the prepared skillet, until golden on both sides. Top with Brown Butter Bourbon Peach Syrup and Honey Vanilla Greek Yogurt.
This stack looks delicious! Adding to my pins!
Thank you so much, Bill! I hope you get a chance to try out the recipe. 😀
Yay for breaking your “no-pancake-post” streak, Allie! These photos are incredible. Pancakes are one of the best foods in human existence. I just made buttermilk pancakes yesterday and savoured every bite. The only thing that would’ve made my experience better is if I made your bourbon peach syrup. Girrrrrrl, that needs to happen in my life, stat.
Oh yes! Buttermilk pancakes are THE best. Brown Butter Bourbon Peaches are definitely up there too! Thanks so much for the sweet comment, Nancy! Hope you’re enjoying your summer sweetie! xoxo
Haha, I still say pan-a-cakes! These look incredibly delicious Allie, and I really wish I had some right now!! 🙂
Thanks for the sweet comment, Lisa! Hope you have a great holiday sweetie 😉
Brown butter and bourbon?! You are a ledgend.
This looks incredible!
Haha I love the gif!!
Hope you’re well, it’s been a while!!
Thanks Tash! So glad to “see” you here again! 😀
I can’t even deal with how amazing this looks and sounds right now. I really should leave catching up on food blogs until AFTER I break my fast!
Oh man! It’s tough to be a food blogger sometimes! Hope you are having a blessed Ramadan, Meriem <3
Brown butter bourbon peach syrup??? My goodness I need that in my life! haha I’m more of a waffle girl myself (I hate flipping pancakes!) but I must try these!
Lol I *almost* did waffles! But I thought that pancakes would be more photogenic. I’m so superficial!!!
Wow, these pancakes look divine! Love the peach syrup, that sounds amazing!
Thanks so much, Jess!
Oh yeah. These look SO GOOD!! We have pancakes all the time around here, too! I love that your 5 year old calls them pan-a-cakes! So cute! These are on my must-try list. Pinned!
Thanks so much Jen! Panacakes are definitely a favorite around here, especially on the weekends. Thank you so much for pinning, sweetie!
Well, I hope you have room at your table for one more–these pancakes look GLORIOUS! I seriously am drooling like a mad woman right now 🙂
Lol thanks Amy! And there is always room at my table for you, girl 😉
Seriously Allie the photography on these pancakes is insanely beautiful. I am so in awe. Pinning!
Thank you so much Jocelyn! Love ya girl 😉
What an incredible stack of pancakes! That is photography genius! Delicious too I bet.
Thanks Jessica! It was seriously delicious. 😉
What a fabulous stack of pancakes and totally delicious. Of the course its the syrup that puts is over the top!!!!
Thank you so much Carol! I could have eaten those peaches in syrup with a spoon (and I may have… ) 😉
I want to dive in with that fork. That syrup does sound out of this world amazing.
Lol thanks Lisa! Hope you’re enjoying your week sweetie <3
So glad you made these, LOVE that syrup too!!
Thanks Matt! The syrup was really out of this world 😉
I’ve only had peaches over pancakes one time and I was just a little kid. This photo brings back memories of that breakfast. Thanks for sharing they look so yummy!
That is so funny, I haven’t had this combo since I was a kid. And I had the same experience- when I took that first bite it totally transported me. Food memories! So cool…
these pancakes look so decadent! yum.
Thanks, Sarah! They are a real special treat. Glad you enjoyed; thanks for the sweet comment!
Hello there! I have nominated you for the Very Inspiring Blogger Award: http://onceuponatasha.blogspot.ca/2014/06/sleeping-beauty.html
Thank you so much, Natasha! I am so very honored xoxo
Mmm…they look like a fabulous breakfast! Nothing like fruit over pancakes and waffles.
Have a fabulous week Allie!
Oh yes. I couldn’t agree more. Growing up we always went to Uncle Bill’s Pancake House at the Jersey shore and I always ordered pancakes with fruit 😉 Thanks, Melanie!
Oh how fabulous! Pancakes and peaches are a perfect summer breakfast. This looks scrumptious, Allie!
Thanks Tammy! I actually ended up eating it for lunch after the shoot was over 😉 It was pretty awesome I must say! Thanks so much for the sweet comment 🙂
Oh wow, this post couldn’t get any more perfect I tell you!
That syrup does sound like the best thing that has ever happened to a stack of pancakes – brown butter + bourbon??? I’m dead. It looks beyond delicious! Also, this stack is gorgeous. I so can tell that this pancake recipe is a keeper! Aaaaaand that gif is great too! I’m drooling!
Hope you have a fantastic week! xx
Thank you so much Consuelo- that means a lot coming from you because I know you are the queen of delicious breakfasts 😉 Hope your week is lots of fun too!