These chocolate molten lava cakes are such an indulgent treat! Perfect for a special occasion, yet easy enough for every day. You’ll love the deep chocolate flavor and the warm liquid center!
The countdown is officially ON for Valentine’s Day!
Are you ready for it? Sadly I am still wrapping up a few loose ends… I think there will be just enough time for me to finish it all up though!
When I think about Valentine’s Day, two kinds of dessert recipes come to mind: the “kids’ class parties” kind, and the “romantic dinner at home” kind.
Here are a few suggestions for the “kids’ class parties” kind:
- Strawberry Cupcakes with Strawberry Buttercream
- Cherry Cheesecake Thumbprint Cookies
- Chocolate Heart Blossoms
- Chocolate Pudding Pie Jars
But these chocolate molten lava cakes definitely fit in to the second category!
Chocolate molten lava cakes… drool!
Remember back in the 90’s when this dessert was EVERYTHING??
How could it not have been, and how could it not still be? I mean, what is better than an individual chocolate cake, so light it practically sighs when you put your fork into it? Spilling out a warm liquid center, so deep, dark, and chocolate-y??
It’s just so decadent. Sinful. Naughty. Sexy.
Choose your favorite adjective; I think they all describe these chocolate molten lava cakes so perfectly!
And the best part is, they couldn’t be easier to make! Just a few simple ingredients, stirred together, poured into ramekins, and baked. You can make this recipe in less than a half hour, with stuff you probably already have in your pantry. Quick and easy for a weeknight, yet fancy enough to make a big impression!
Make them for your romantic date-night in!
More great Valentine’s Day recipes on my “Holiday” Pinterest board!
This post contains affiliate sales links.
Chocolate Molten Lava Cakes
These chocolate molten lava cakes are such an indulgent treat! Perfect for a special occasion, yet easy enough for every day. You'll love the deep chocolate flavor and the warm liquid center!
- 1/2 cup (1 stick) unsalted butter
- 2/3 cup bittersweet chocolate chips
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 4 large eggs
- 2 large egg yolks
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1/2 cup all-purpose flour
- 1/4 cup unsweetened cocoa powder
- 2 tablespoons dark (Dutch-processed) cocoa powder
- 1/2 teaspoon kosher salt
- additional powdered sugar (for garnish)
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F, and mist six 4-ounce ramekins with non-stick spray.
- Place the butter and chocolate chips in a large microwave-safe bowl, and microwave in 30-second increments, stirring, until completely melted.
- Add the powdered sugar, and stir until smooth.
- Stir in the eggs and yolks, one at a time, until completely incorporated.
- Stir in the vanilla.
- Add the flour, cocoa, and salt, and stir until blended.
- Transfer the batter to the prepared ramekins, and bake for 16 to 20 minutes, or until set around the edges but still wobbly in the centers.
- Cool for 20 minutes, then invert the cakes onto serving plates and dust with powdered sugar.
|Amount Per Serving||As Served|
|Calories 465kcal Calories from fat 240|
|% Daily Value|
|Total Fat 27g||42%|
|Saturated Fat 15g||75%|
|Dietary Fiber 3g||12%|
Percent Daily Values are based on a 2,000 calorie diet. Your daily values may be higher or lower depending on your calorie needs:
|Total Fat||Less than||65g|
|Sat Fat||Less than||25g|